Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Quiltville Mystery Step #2

1953 Singer 301
I decided that a fun challenge would be to sew all my Good Fortune blocks on vintage machines. Step #1 was sewn on "Charity" a 1953 Featherweight, and Step #2 was sewn on "Lucy" my 1953 long bed Singer 301



In between sewing together my Save the Bees quilt top, I used the HST's for the Quiltville mystery as leaders/enders (as Bonnie taught us to do). It's like making progress on 2 quilts at once! 
Once the Bees quilt top was finished, I went into full triangle production mode. 






Here are my blocks from the first 2 steps, all counted and organized in their storage bin, waiting for a future step to sew them together in some kind of amazing design!

Hop over to Quiltville's link up to see the blocks that other folks are making for their mystery quilts.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely variety of blues you have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making mine with my featherweight! I need to get busy with the hst's today

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA, you're ready for the next part! Great to see you playing along!
    pmcrowther@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, I just finished part 2 also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to use those vintage machines and give them a workout!

    ReplyDelete