Sunday, May 13, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Slow Sunday Stitching AND Happy Mother's Day!
While people are visiting and enjoying family time, why not pick up your needle and thread, and make some progress on your projects.
I just finished another embroidery block for the Gail Pan BOM. This photo shows my favourite embroidery needle a size 10 Jeana Kimball needle. These needles come in a handy portable tube that are easier than the card system that needles are usually attached to. These needles are comfortable to use, and easy to thread with embroidery floss. 



Last Sunday was a little Slow Sunday Stitching reunion. I met up with Sandra and Gail at a quilt show in Simcoe, Ontario where we enjoying seeing a few of Sandra's beautiful quilts. Here we are in front of one of Sandra's amazing quilts. This is called  "Down the Rabbit Hole" (pattern by Sarah Fielke). It's hand appliqued and hand quilted, and has many delightful details with fussy cut fabrics, and quilting designs. It was a wonderful and inspiring visit and Gail came up with a great idea to have a "Slow Sunday Stitching Stitch In" day and I'm starting  the planning process for that. Stay tuned for details as they become available.


Happy Mother's Day to everyone! 
And especially to my Mom who is a real life hero who managed to "do it all", raising 4 kids, running a home, working full time, and at the same time getting a university degree to keep the family financially viable...and managed to maintain her sanity AND do some hand stitching along the way!


Here are some photos of my daughter wearing clothing made by my Mom... 
a sweater on the left and a smocked dress on the right. 


Thanks MOM/Nana!

Now what are you hand stitching today!? Link up your project below...

   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Happy Mother's day to you! Love your stitcheries...hugs, Julierose

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Mother’s Day! Lovely stitching as usual, Kathy! I’m glad to hear you are working on setting up a slow stitching day. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help So fun to see you and Sandra last weekend

Sarah said...

Sandra's quilt is certainly a real beauty! How nice to meet up with friends too. Hope you have a lovely Mothers Day!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Happy Mothers Day to you as well! :) What a nice tribute to your mom and the Down the Rabbit Hole quilt is amazing.

Ivani said...

Sandra's quilt is gorgeous!
Happy Mother's Day Kathy!

Deb said...

A happy Mothers Day to you, lovely stitching on the Gail Pan piece.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Great photo and isn't that Rabbit's Hole beautiful!
Thanks for mentioning the needle you use for embroidery. I've noted it and will look for it. I've been jumping all over the place with my needle choices.

Jill said...

You are making good progress on Gail Pan blocks. They are adding up. Darling. What fun to meet up with Slow Stitching friends. Thanks for the photo especially with the pretty quilt as the backdrop.

Cathy said...

You are blessed to have that superhero mom!
And Sandra's quilt is gorgeous.

Kate said...

Have a very happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your slow stitching and family time today.

Carol Swift said...

I don't do much hand stitching, but I always love to see what you're up to. Happy Mother's Day, Kathy!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I absolutely love that Down the Rabbit Hole - it is on my list for 2019!!!!
Beautiful quilts and you ladies are soooo lucky to be able to meet and greet!

Angie in SoCal said...

Lovely embroidery, lovely quilt. Sweet kids too. Happy Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, First time I'm linking up here. I started a sunday slow stitching post last week, and wanted to keep up, so I'll try and link up here every week. Happy Mother's day! And thanks for sharing this space to see what other's are up to. I love that quilt Down the Rabbit Hole. Never seen it against people - it looks bigger than I though it was. Nice work!