Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Quilt Canada 2016

CQA
I am so excited that Quilt Canada is going to be in Toronto, Ontario next year! I have attended these national conferences before, but am doubly excited this time, since I will also be teaching a class on Intuitive Beading.

There are just so many wonderful components to this event and I just hope I don't get too overwhelmed by all the fun. What a great problem to have!
There are 44 workshops and 9 lectures (including Jane Sassaman, who I am totally pumped to see!) This blog post is a "heads up" for anyone interested in taking classes at Quilt Canada. On line registration starts tomorrow for members of CQA. You can review the amazing list of classes on line here. Sign up asap so you can get into the classes you want. Registration will be open to non-members of CQA in November.

Kits are available if you'd like to make a quilt to donate for the Trend Tex Challenge - click here for more information.
And of course, if you'd like to enter one of your quilts in the National Juried Show, click here to find the details. Entries have to be in by the beginning of February, so get quilting and let's make this the best Quilt Canada ever. No pressure!

6 comments:

KaHolly said...

How exciting! You will have so much fun!

Kate said...

Sounds like a perfect quilt show. Hope you get the classes you want.

SandraC said...

Still trying to decide on whether or not to attempt to enter the juried show. Could be an interesting experience, I guess :)

SandraC said...

Still trying to decide on whether or not to attempt to enter the juried show. Could be an interesting experience, I guess :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

44 classes--what a wonderful problem to have. Looks like a great event--a tad far for me to attend

Julierose said...

Oh you must be thrilled--if i lived closer I'd definitely take your beading class....hugs, Julierose