Monday, October 19, 2015

Design Wall Monday

A little bit of machine time this weekend produced these disappearing 4 patch blocks for my quilt guild's BOM, using the tutorial at Material Girl Quilts
I have made 3 quilts over the years using this block (you can see them here). I'm not loving these fabrics, but it was a prepared package to take home, so I didn't have any choice in that. I'm sure they will look good when put together with all the other blocks that the guild members are making.
It was definitely fun to make disappearing blocks again. 
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

11 comments:

Millie said...

Cute block, but I'm with you on the fabrics. It's not a complete fail though, and there's something nice about the way those fabrics play together. A worthwhile experiment.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Disappearing blocks is a new tome concept--I'll have to give it a try soon

Cath said...

Oh Kathy, I love this quilt! Would love you to share it at my Design Board Link up at Bits'nBobs

AnnieO said...

There's not enough blue for you!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have D4 Patch blocks from TO block exchanges. One day I'll put them all together.

Janet O. said...

Regardless of the fabrics, I like the blocks. This is something I always tell myself I need to try, but have yet to follow through. : )

Audrey said...

You can never go wrong with a Disappearing Nine Patch. I have used the block for several sessions of my Sewing Circle group. The ladies are new sewers/quilters and they love the quilts they can create with the DNP. Wednesday I will lead new group in making Disappearing Nine Patch Christmas Runners. It will be an awesome time.

Cathy said...

I’m doing a D4P swap with a friend using Kona snow as the background fabric, and large scale florals for the colours. It is really fun to see the colours as the florals get cut.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely color and fabric mix, this is looking very nice.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Dasha said...

That is a block I haven't worked with yet. Its pinned to my Pinterest board, but still waiting in the queue.
I don't mind the colours in yours. They are soft, and quite pretty.

Kate said...

Fun blocks. I've not played with the disappearing 4 patch patterns as yet. They certainly do make for interesting quilts.