Friday, January 24, 2014

T.G.I.F.


I am making some progress on my Celtic Solstice mystery quilt from QuiltvilleThese are the 25 Block B's. Yum!
I am getting this project all organized to put the top together when my friend Louise comes to visit this weekend. Louise is a dear friend that I met in 1990 and she was the very first quilter I ever met! She convinced me that I too could be a quilter, she encouraged me to buy a sewing machine, and my life has not been the same ever since. I blame her!
For almost 25 years we have tried to get together at least once or twice a year and this weekend is our annual winter visit. We are going to sew and talk and eat and sew some more for as long as she can stay... can't wait!




Tonight is the first official FNSI for 2014... did you sign up? It's not too late - click here. I will likely be sewing border blocks for Celtic Solstice.

12 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These look wonderful and how exciting to sew with a friend.

Terry said...

Your Celtic Solstice looks wonderful! :0)

Missy Shay said...

There is nothing more fun then to have friends to sew with!

Deanna W said...

A friend to sew with and FNSI...all is right with the world. And isn't it nice to be able to blame someone else for our bad habits!!

Enjoy!!!

Beth said...

Oh Kathy! Those blocks look wonderful all by themselves! I can't wait to see the top. I got sidetracked by a trip to my parents house. I did piece a couple blocks that were on my design wall. I think I need to keep a few up there...it motivates me!

Ellen said...

Your design wall looks great.

Hurray for quilty friends!!

Janet O. said...

Blame? No, no--you CREDIT her!! Right? : )
Your blocks look great! Have a fun FNSI!

Deb A said...

Those blocks look great all by themselves! Have a great time at your sew in this weekend.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your CS is going to be gorgeous! I'm loving all the ones that are popping up everywhere on FB :) My friends that are doing it say it is a fun quilt to make too.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

First of all, how nice that your quilty friend/mentor and you still get together regularly. I'll bet that is a wonderful time for you two.

I just love your Celtic Solstice (I think it's one of Bonnie's best mystery quilts yet) ... I can't wait to see it all together.

I didn't sign up for FNSI ... I wasn't sure I'd get some stitching done last night ... turns out I did. ;-) I wonder, will there be a sign up next month?

Ivani said...

Your blocks look great. Have a very spercial time sewing with your friend. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! I really like the color palette you used. Hope you enjoyed your stitching weekend with your friend.