Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Super Sewl Sunday

This coming weekend is Super Bowl Sunday, but I'm calling it "Super Sewl Sunday". There is a mystery quilt being offered on Sunday over at QuiltBug and I have picked out some unorthodox choices for my fabrics. 
The pattern calls for shades of black and grey. No can do! 
I need some colour to brighten up this dreary winter, so I am going to go bright and sunshiney instead. 
The amount of fabric required does not seem like enough for a 50" square quilt, but the pieces are fairly large (for me) so I hope it works out okay. I love my fabric choices and I can always make the quilt larger since I will have lots of yardage left over.
I have invited some friends over to sew...  weather permitting.  And, our half time show will be even more amazing than that football one is!! LOL
Are you joining in the Super Sewl Sunday mystery??

12 comments:

Gina said...

Love the fabric choices. Like you I can't do black and grey. Looking forward to how it turns out xx

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh my gosh - forgot about this and the Quilt Bug is my LQS!! Better get my fabrics pulled for this. Yes, color is in order.

Jill said...

The way you have labeled your bright and cheery fabrics has sparked an idea for some foundation piecing that I will soon be doing in the future. Thanks.

Ellen said...

Sounds like fun! I love your fabric choices - so nice and spring-like.

Deanna W said...

I have that green plaid. As a matter of fact I am working on a quilt with very similar bright colours.Hope you can handle the big pieces, since we all know you like itty bitty!!

Your Northern Blog Stalker

Teresa in Music City said...

Sounds like you are going to have more fun than the guys playing in the game! Love your color choices - that ought to brighten things up a bit on a cold winter day!!! :)

Amy said...

Oh my! Those certainly ARE fun, bright amazing colors.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh how I wish I could (I would have to choose something other than black and gray, also), but we already committed to watching the game with some friends. I'm not at all a fan of football, but I am a fan of getting together with friends, so we'll be going. I wonder if it would be bad form to take along my hexies to baste ... and get in some hand stitching?? ha!

Janet O. said...

What a fun quilt this will be with your happy color choices! I'll be interested to see how it looks.

Renee said...

It is SO tempting to join in the fun! I look forward to seeing your mystery unfold. I love your fabrics ~ they remind me of spring.

margaret said...

have a great day with your quilting friends, much nicer than going to a match!

Kate said...

Love your fabric choices.