I plan to spend today "chanting the beauty of the good". Doesn't that sound like fun!??!
In 2013 I participated in A Lovely Year of Finishes and benefitted from the regular goal setting and end of month celebration of success (or confession of nonsuccess). In reviewing my UFO list (on right sidebar) I realized I had 6 finished quilts, which means a 50% success rate. That's pretty good for the kind of year I had! Actually I'm declaring that to be amazing!
This is the review of my UFO list for 2013, while "chanting the good" ...
1. Flannel - DONE!
2. BeAttitudes - DONE!
3. Sunflower mystery - not touched, don't even know where it is!
4. Letters Q/A - DONE!
5. RRCB - a valiant effort was made over the summer, but it was not meant to be at that time. (notice how I avoided the "fail" word!)
7. Shattered - DONE!
8. Civil War Sampler - again a valiant effort at the end of the year, but it will be finished at the beginning of 2014.
9. Tetris - neglected quilt top
10. Knot Blocks - still a pile of pretty blocks
11. Quilt Square Quilt Along - also a pile of lovely blocks
12. 3 Sisters Grace/Orca Bay - DONE!
It's the 2013 Finale Party over at A Lovely Year of Finishes, so you can hop over there and see what the participants accomplished over the past year. A big thank you to our hostesses Shanna and Melissa for keeping us on the UFO completion track! And if you think this might be helpful to you in conquering your UFO pile, you'd be welcome to participate in 2014 - to sign up, click here.
So my 6 unfinished UFO's from last year will be bounced over to the new 2014 list. And 6 more "quilt wannabes" will be added. To locate those honoured 6 new inductees, I carefully opened the door of the UFO closet. There are 20 hangers in that closet, so I asked which projects are desperate to become a finished quilt in 2014. Apparently they all are!
Those that shouted the loudest and made the list of 6 new inductees are:
1. Log Cabin - never showed on my blog (made in mid 90's)
2. Block Sampler - from Kingston shop hop
3. Countdown to Christmas - newly made top that I want to have for next ready for next Christmas
4. Plaid Beauty - blocks made at a class with Bonnie Hunter
5. Storm At Sea - small project that will be a fun finish in a busy month
6. Scrappy Hexagons - a really interesting scrap quilt that I would like to finish this year
So that's it!
The quilty goals for 2014 will be posted in a list on the sidebar of my blog, along with a slight change in my long term hand quilting projects, since one has been finished (woohoo!), one can be added.
I plan to finish my Civil War Sampler quilt top as my January project.
Cheers to a great quilty year ahead!