Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mid Month UFO Report


It is a good thing to have a mid-month UFO check in. It reminds me of the goal I set for myself at the beginning of the month and motivates me to stay on task (in spite of starting new projects!) which hopefully increases the probability of a finished quilt by the end of the month.


This photo shows the pile of the chosen backing, the batting and the quilt top all pressed and ready to go. Just getting that pile organized takes a big chunk of time - everything purchased, measured and pressed.



I enjoyed the pin basting while listening to CBC radio.



And since then, the quilt's been sitting... and waiting... 
for a decision on the quilting design to emerge....hmmmmm
See more UFO progress reports here.

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, I'd forgotten about this fun quilt! Can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it. : )

Heather said...

very pretty and such bright colours. I have been trying hard this year to finish something each month so I have show and tell to take to guild. So far so good.

Debbie said...

Glad to see this quilt resurface again.

Mary said...

LOL, I need to do my Mid Month report, too. I have gotten a few of my goals achieved- it feels good. On bite at a time, like eating an Elephant.

Kindred Quilts said...

Love the cheery and bright alpabet quilt! Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

Ellen said...

Often my stumbling blocks are making and squaring the backing and cutting the batting. For some reason it just feels like it takes so long to go through that process. In reality it does take very little time compared to actually making the quilt top!

Sheila said...

What a FUN quilt!! How did I miss seeing this one!