Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just in case...

I thought I should post some fun online quilt events, just in case you have the same serious illness that I have... "startitis".  
It is an incurable disease and very debilitating for creative people.  But the good news is that you can manage the symptoms by signing up for a quiltalong and starting new projects whenever the illness flares up.


The two new projects I recommend starting today are:

1) Sunny Side Up      

This is a quiltalong by Judy Laquidara. You just need to collect some fabrics and get sewing. 
I am making this quilt for one of the wedding gifts I will need this summer. 



I am making a scrappy version using my collection of  Kansas Troubles fabrics. These are my 9 light fabrics. I have finished sewing step #4 and step #5 was just posted. If you like sewing stars and 4 patches, you will be in heaven with these blocks! You can easily get caught up if you want to join in the fun.
Photo from Fat Quarter Shop's Jolly Jabber


2) Fat Quarter Club's "Deck-ade the Halls"
It is the 10th anniversary of the Fat Quarter Shop and they are celebrating by giving us a gift! It's a fun Christmas quilt pattern with the steps/blocks being released every 2 weeks.
You will have a great quilt finished in time for Christmas gift exchange if you start now!  The fabric requirements can be found here. I am buying some white yardage for the background and am using up stash for the blocks. The gingerbread are the first blocks to be sewn, so I have found 3 browns and a red to start my quilt.

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Sounds like this is a support group for startitis! I think I have the same illness...thanks for some great ideas!

beaquilter said...

i have a monthly quilt along too in may :)

Deanna W said...

Am needing to start something but I think it should be the wedding quilt I need for August! or finishing any of the numerous UFO I have!!

Janet O. said...

Oh, you temptress, you! Both lovely projects--I am excited to see your SAL in Kansas Troubles fabrics.
What a fun Christmas project--very cute.
But I am being stern with myself--too many deadlines looming. Have fun for both of us! : )

The Slow Quilter said...

I have the same illness. I cannot get of my backside to get the motivation I need. I am tired of looking at the same fabrics, but need to make somthing with them so I can buy more. I do need to join one of those hops, put do not have the strength to look through the fabric. Sham on me.

Mary said...

YES, I have the same problem. I have 'saved' SAL's to start even. I really want to make the Barn-A-long with Lori Holt. Too many other quilts calling to me...

Amy said...

Oh YOU!!!
I was also eyeing up the Sunny Side Up quilt-along. You may just have twisted the final part of my arm to start it.

LOL

Kate said...

I've seen both fun projects, but till I finish my 5 quilts for this month, no new starts for me.

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh... that Christmas one is sooooo cute!!! I just might have to start it.... when we get home, of course. I didn't bring my sewing machine and stash camping with us. Darn.

Karen said...

I love KT fabrics. I can't wait to see your quilt using the KT fabrics.

Barbara said...

I really like that Sunny Sde Up quilt. The Irish Chain is one of ny favorite designs,