Sunday, January 05, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching Inspiration

Welcome to the first Slow Sunday Stitching party of 2014! 
Last week we had a record number of link ups - 25! So much inspiration and beautiful projects to enjoy. 
...And speaking of inspiration, if you like intricate hand embroidery, crazy quilting, embellishments, Hummel figurines, beading, and/or lace work, you have to check out this quilt - Little Darlings. What an inspiring example of the love of all things stitched by hand! I cannot even imagine the hours of stitching bliss!
...And speaking of stitching bliss, since finishing my Accidental Quilt, I have returned to my Journey of a Quilter project. I just had to take a photo of my quilt when the sun came out for a minute yesterday. 
Okay, where is my needle? 
I really shouldn't leave my needle stuck in a project, but there it is! 
Now where was I on this project?  I have finished hand quilting 7 of the 9 blocks on this quilt. 2 more blocks to go, plus the border. It has been a wonderful journey with this quilt! I started piecing the blocks in the summer of 2007, so this is the 7th year of this project. It's time to get 'er done in 2014! 
What are you working on today? Link up your post below and share with us - hand work projects only please!




19 comments:

Jo said...

I think it's great you do this. It is really helping me get back into my stitching

soscrappy said...

I have started to look forward to a little slow stitching on Sundays. Today I am hand quilting in the car again on the way to a theme park with the family. Maybe the midgets will get some binding time tonight during the season premiere of Downton Abbey

Denise :) said...

If I didn't leave my needle in my work, I'd likely step or sit on it somewhere ... or Todd would! Yikes! I'm very much looking forward to late afternoon and being able to perhaps finish up the block I'm working on. I've let this quilt go way too long and I'm ready to get it quilted and assembled! I hope you enjoy your day of stitching on your Journal of a Quilter!! Looking forward to many happy Slow Sunday Stitching postings in 2014! :)

Ellen said...

Cheers to another year of slow stitching! I have so many projects that I am working on in 'slow mode' that many of them have become multiple year projects!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Thanks so much for hosting this!! I'm looking forward to a nice, long day spent quilting on my Storm at Sea. Happy stitching!

Deb A said...

Thank you Kathy for hosting again this year. I so look forward to my slow stitching on Sunday's and hope to get a couple of projects slow stitched this year.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Kathy, after yesterday I definitely need some slow stitching. I was so inspired by all that blue. How wonderful that you are almost finished with hand quilting another beautiful quilt. I need to get off line and mark my borders so I have something to stitch later today. Thanks again for hosting SSS, it really keeps me motivated.

Debbie said...

It is taking a while but I always enjoy seeing "Journey of a Quilter." Looking forward to the 2014 finish!

Debra said...

Thanks, Kathy. I try to link up as much as I can. You really make me think about what I am working on! Enjoy your day! Deb (debraharryquilts.blogspot.com)

Cathy said...

Glad you are hosting again and glad more folks are joining in. I like seeing all the different projects.

I previously saw that Little Darlings. It is darling, isn't it?

Terri in BC said...

This year I'm joining in on Slow Stitching Sunday! I love your "Journey of a Quilter" quilt - that one has been on my wish list for a while now. Maybe if I get through my UFOs this year, I can reward myself with it.

Terri in BC said...

This year I'm joining in on Slow Stitching Sunday! I love your "Journey of a Quilter" quilt - that one has been on my wish list for a while now. Maybe if I get through my UFOs this year, I can reward myself with it.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I hope soon to have more than binding to link up as I get started on some winter embroidery projects for my Sewing for the Seasons theme. Seeing your quilt is always a pleasure!

Ivani said...

Thank you Kathy for hosting Slow Stitching Sunday 2014. You have inspired me. Jorney of a quilter is so precious. You will not regret for giving him a chance again. Happy Sunday!

Kate said...

It's a beautiful quilt! Enjoy the last few stitches needed in this one.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous...

Janet O. said...

That Little Darlings quilt is amazing.
Do you think it took longer than the quilt you are working on? : )
Anything hand quilted takes me forever!!

Cathy said...

Such lovely projects to look at here. I'm going to try and be a bit more consistent with the hand sewing this year. Thanks for providing a lot of inspiration and motivation with your linky party.

libbyquilter said...

so pleased to see the slow sunday stitching group grow~! congrats on your new record numbers.
i hope to join in next sunday with an actual photo of my newly started jubilee quilt . . .

:-)
libbyQ