Sunday, October 08, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's Sunday and you know what that means... it's time for the weekly hand stitching party! We hope you will pick up your needles and thread or yarn and start making some stitches. 


In Canada we are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend. I know it seems early for those who celebrate in November, but we really enjoy having a 3 day weekend to spend time outdoors with family and friends while the weather is still good. I will be seeing all the members of my immediate family this weekend and am so happy!

I am also happy because I have finished stitching the *squirrel*!

Squirrels can be so annoying in the sewing room - they take over everything and make a mess! I was digging through the floss stash to find autumn colours for the letters which was so fun, but floss packets are everywhere. Hopefully the cleaning lady comes soon! 

PS - I am the cleaning lady but I'm so busy stitching that I have no interest in cleaning up! But that's always my excuse - creativity trumps cleaning!

This delightful squirrel sampler is a free pattern from Melisa - click here to get one for yourself. She also has a mini apple sampler and a mini pumpkin sampler. I need more hours in the day for stitching!

What are the autumn projects you are stitching today? Are you starting on Halloween projects yet? ink up your instagram or blog posts below and share your progress with us.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on your squirrel finish, it looks lovely.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a cute little squirrel! I love all the different colours you used for the letters. My husband and I clean the house together. Not our favourite way to spend our time but necessary…
Happy Thanksgiving!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I wish our US Thanksgiving would come in October. I think our Thanksgiving gets lost with all the Christmas commercials starting immediately after Halloween. Your newest squirrel is very cute, are you going to make the other patterns also? Happy stitching!

Sarah said...

Sewing is so much more fun than cleaning, it’s a universally known fact! Have a wonderful thanksgiving weekend. Sarah. Quilting by the sea

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy! Hope you're having a lovely weekend! Your squirrel sampler is so fun - I really like how you did the letters in different colors. I think I'm going to do the apple sampler next. Have a great Sunday!

CathieJ said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy your family time. I love that little squirrel sampler.

Angela said...

Creativity always trumps cleaning up in my opinion!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I am working on my wool applique project for Autumn Jubilee today.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy Thanksgiving

Karrin Hurd said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It is so wonderful to get together with family, no matter when. Love your squirrel!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I have to say that Bargello piecing you showed in the last post is so beautiful. What a perfect OMG. Anyway, what a sweet job you did with Melissa's pretty design. Perfect fall finish and yes, the squirrels are very busy esp. this time of year with so many occasions on the horizon. Happy Thanksgiving!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving with family. We've been seeing lots of friends and family this last week and it's been fun. I tend to stay in my home or garden a lot, so it's nice to be sociable every once in a while :-) I love your squirrel and I feel the same way about cleaning! Thanks for the linking party and have a great week.

Kate said...

Hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving. The squirrel sampler is really cute. Hope you can find some time to play with the other projects.