Sunday, October 22, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to Slow Stitching Sunday where we make efforts to slow down our lives, to breathe deeply, to pick up a needle and thread, and take some slow stitches.

I had a lovely visit with some quilting friends last weekend, and I must share a photo of our Slow Sunday Stitching friend Deanna (who blogs at "In stitches with Deanna"). 


It was so realxing to watch her hand quilting hearts on a sweet lap quilt. You can see the whole design on her blog, and the amazing centre pattern (called La Fin Du Monde) that she made in a class with Libs Elliott. 



I have slowly been continuing the cross stitching on Owls and Acorns (a free chart pattern from Blue Ribbon Designs). I started the vines and pumpkins.  Much more progress has been made on this sampler, but this seems to be the only photo I took.


I also made and sewed a binding to a scrappy community outreach quilt. Yesterday I finished hand stitching the binding on one side - only 3 more sides to go. This has to be finished to submit to the guild collection by next Saturday. I think I can do it!


Thank you to those who left comments on last week's post. I was so happy to hear from those of you that have the same challenge as I do in terms of finishing projects. You almost made it seem like I am "normal"! You truly are my tribe! LOL

I hope you will link up your blog or instagram link  below and share the projects you are putting stitches into this week.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Kate said...

Enjoy your slow stitching time today. Wishing you lots of progress on your projects as we head into the holiday season. I've resigned myself to the fact that what doesn't get done this year, will have another chance next year.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

How fun to get together with some quilting friends and stitch! Deanna's quilt looks amazing. I love that little owl on your cross-stitch sampler, too! Have a wonderful stitching day today!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love that sign! We are all breathing. You can finish on time, and I just know you will.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you have a great day stitching Kathy, I will work on my hexies and maybe the knitting. I might just let the sewing machine rest today for my NYB blocks and just pick out fabric for the next block and pick that back up tomorrow

CathieJ said...

I like the pumpkin you stitched. Thanks for the link to Deanna's post. Enjoy your stitching!

Lyndsey said...

It is always fun to stitch with a friend. Deanne's quilt is beautiful. One day I must try some hand quilting but I fear I would never finish it. Like you I love starting projects but tire of them before they are finished. I do eventually finish them all. I used to finish a project before starting the next but got so stressed out trying to decide what to do next. Now I work on what I want to when I want.

Linda said...

Have a good time doing some slow stitching on your projects today. It is a rainy day here in my part of Ontario, so I'll be able to work on some stitching too.

Karrin Hurd said...

I jump into new things all the time. I have been trying to finish things up this year though. So far I have finished 2-3 long term UFOs though. Happy stitching!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Sunday, Kathy. You have had a very busy week. Love the stitch that you are working on. And hope you finish the binding today. Hugs.

The Cozy Quilter said...

So fun to stitch with like minded friends! I know where you took that picture of the sign. Any chance of a slow stitching retreat again??? Have a great week.