Sunday, September 17, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly celebration of all hand stitched crafts! We hope you will join us in setting aside a few moments each Sunday for some relaxing stitching on your favourite project. Pick up a needle and thread, breathe deeply, and enjoy a little vacation from the responsibilities of your life.

I was making good progress on some of my stitcheries until I saw Melisa's adorable squirrel sampler pattern *squirrel*

I had to set everything aside and stitch the squirrel. I love this guy so much! Today I will be pulling fall coloured threads from my DMC collection to stitch the sampler letters. 

I have also been finishing the binding on a scrappy comfort quilt for my guild. Black thread is hard on my eyes, so I can only work on this in the daylight.  Luckily the backing is this yummy mottled fabric that helps when sewing with black thread. One side of the binding is stitched, and I hope to finish it up this week so I can start on another quilt binding.

I am dreadfully behind in blog reading and hope to have time today to visit some of you. Please link up your instagram or blog posts below and share your projects with us.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Kate said...

Such a fun squirrel! Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'll finally get some slow stitching done today (any stitching would be nice, since I've been too busy to stitch at all).

CathieJ said...

I love that squirrel sampler. I have already printed it out. I can relate to stitching on black binding and needing bright daylight. Enjoy your stitching and blog reading!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

black thread is hard to see I think

grammajudyb said...

Hand stitching binding down is a favorite slow stitching for me. Do you have a go-to size that you cut your binding? I use 2.5” and 2.25” mostly. Friends are encouraging me to sew it down with a 3/8” seam allowance. To increase the heft ( fullness) of the binding. What do you do?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Cute squirrel. It is a slow stitching day for me too, a day to rest and work on some bindings.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are fast, Kathy. Your stitch is looking fabulous, Kathy. I am so honored you are stitching the wee sampler. Hope you have a wonderful week . Hugs.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I hope that you had a good day for stitching, even that black thread! Aren't squirrels adorable? I spend a lot of time watching the birds, squirrels and chipmunks getting ready for winter. It's great entertainment while doing some slow stitching. Have a great week.

Deanna W said...

I have been sewing and figuring out projects for up coming retreats. I have not been so good at blogging! And this week guild starts which means all new projects possibly.

Miaismine said...

Understandable how you dropped everything to stitch the cute squirrel - a "squirrel" of a project! LOL!