Saturday, September 02, 2023

Scrappy Saturday

It's teal month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I haven't opened that box of scraps yet. But I did sew with some teal fabric last night, making some flowers for a table runner (pattern by Cluck, Cluck, Sew). Very pretty and fun to sew!

But I made a typical piecing mistake when sewing with white-on-white fabric. I always try to double check that I have the right sides together (under full light) before sewing the seam, but somehow the left rectangle slipped past my double checking process.

I was watching a flosstube video while unstitching, and discovered that I was a winner of a cross stitch pattern from Kathleen at Snickerdoodlestitch! Yippee! Something good happened while fixing my mistake!

Today I'll be cutting scraps for my Chilhowie border. But first I'll pop over to see what the Rainbow Scrap Quilters are making this week.

7 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love the scrappy blocks in your last post and also these long stemmed flowers. Looking so pretty and I think I have some of that teal fabric. Now I wonder what I did with that!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty flower blocks! I have done that same thing many times with w-o-w fabric, too. I have to admit, sometimes the two sides are so similar that I just leave it!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lovely flower blocks! I have done the same thing with white on white. I recently gave all my white on white bits and pieces to a friend who ran out while working on a EPP project. I was happy to give them to her. I tend to just use solid white now.

Jenny said...

Pretty flowers, and a shame about the white fabric fooling you and turning over! Sometimes it is hard to see which is the right side.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've stitched white on white backwards more than once. Glad you caught it early enough to fix it. Congrats on the win.

Sara said...

I make that same mistake with the white on white prints - quite often. Those are very cute flowers!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I rarely let a flipped white-on-white fabric bother me, Kathy. I figure that I paid for both sides of that fabric, so I can USE both sides of the fabric! :P