Monday, May 23, 2022

May's UFO on the Design Wall

Canadians are celebrating Victoria Day today, which is a federal holiday to mark the birthday of the reigning queen when Canada became a country in 1867. Most people get this as a paid holiday from work, and in the past we used to go camping on this 3 day weekend. But we didn't go this year as the weather has been so unpredictable.

I plan to spend the day in my quilt studio and be a goat today!

My idea came from  this photo on Lavender Quilts and decided that was the perfect inspiration for Victoria Day! LOL 

I was able to get my Unity quilt top together this weekend and here it is on the design wall! Unity was a mystery quilt along with Bonnie Hunter at the beginning of the pandemic. I love this quilt! 


Today's task is to get the quilt pin basted and ready for quilting. I'm using a eucalyptus batting in this quilt and have fluffed it up in the dryer to get the dust out of it. 

What are you doing to celebrate Victoria Day?!?

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's

14 comments:

Sara said...

I love how your Unity quilt turned out. Beautiful colors!! Enjoy your Victoria Day!!

Mary said...

Celebrating Monday In the PNW. Gotta get my stitches in! Happy Victoria Day!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your Unity top is fabulous. I love it! Perfect for the times, and such lovely fabrics too. I have never heard of eucalyptus batting!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The goat meme is a hoot! I love the thought of it. Unity is just beautiful - the words add so much to it. Happy quilting!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I want to be a goat today too!! Sounds like a great plan for a rainy day like today.

Robin said...

Does Eucalyptus batting have a fragrance?

Chantal said...

I want to be a goat too! It sounds like so much fun, hahaha. Bravo for getting Unity to the top stage. Enjoy quilting it. ;^)

Deanna W said...

Being a goat sounds like a great idea!

AnnieO said...

Love your version of Bonnie's quilt! Glad it is getting closer to becoming a real quilt.
Baby goats are so fun to watch. I always look for them at our County Fair.

Kaja said...

I'm another one who could happily live a goat life. Your Unity quilt is utterly splendid.

MissPat said...

Love the goat meme. Never heard of eucalyptus batting. Have you used it before? Let us know how it turns out.
Pat

JustGail said...

Eucalyptus batting?!? I've never heard of it before. Please tell us more about it.
Your Unity quilt top came out great, can't wait to see it totally finished.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Victoria Day, Kathy. I am so sorry that the weather has been unpredictable and you were not able to go camping. I hope it is warming up though. Your Unity Quilt is fabulous. I love "the being a goat" photo! I hope you have a great day.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I agree with the goat.