Monday, December 30, 2019

Design Wall Monday

It has been quite busy around here with cleaning up after the Christmas extravaganza, and getting our home reorganized.
I was able to accomplish my 20th finished quilt for 2019 this weekend, which is very satisfying! Here I am hand stitching the binding on Slow Sunday Stitching while watching Arthur Christmas on my laptop. It was such a fun movie and I was delighted with the Toronto reference (which is close to where I live). The dialogue said "Santas always come through Canada. Nobody lives there. It's nice and quiet!" 
LOL... I live here and it's not quiet at all!

Today there is a finished miniature quilt on the design wall  ... a "Temecula Tiny Tree". Quilting was simple... straight lines through the tree in green thread, and quilted lines parallel to the tree in neutral thread in the background. So cute, and a perfect way to end the year!


I have also been catching up with the Quiltville mystery
Here is the container full of parts and pieces sewn so far.
Step #4 was a big mess for me. I forgot that I had made colour substitutions from Bonnie's original colours. I substituted pink for aqua, and then started using my light blue for aqua. Wrong!
I'm blaming the craziness of Christmas chaos.
Beautifully organized WRONG pieces!
Thankfully I was only about 1/4 of the way through sewing that step when I discovered my error, so I just started over. I had to recut the pink/"aqua" QST pieces, and will eventually resew all the step #4 HSTs. Some blocks are already done and in the container show above. I have at least a few parts sewn for each step and hope to catch up by Friday's reveal of step #6.
Linking up to Small Quilts.

8 comments:

Preeti said...

Your studio is a flurry of creative activity. Wishing you luck in your projects and a very happy new year!!!

ButterZ said...

I'm glad you got timy tree done.
Good luck with continuing Bonnie Hunters next clue.
I'm on track and somhappy.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like a lovely day of quilting!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love the tiny tree! I was tempted, but passed. Have a great New Year!

Louise said...

Wow, 20 quilts finished! You had a very productive year. Your tiny tree is super cute and could easily be used all winter :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you had enough fabric for you Oops!

Janet O. said...

Having relatives in Canada where we have frequently visited, I know there are some people living there. :)
Love that little tree. So cute.
Maybe you will have created a whole new design with your shifting of color placement in Bonnie's mystery.

Deanna W said...

Catching up on my blog stalking and reading...surprise Clue #6 went up on the blog this morning. Guess I know what you will be doing so you will be ready for clue #7 on friday. I fell behind a bit and hope to remedy that this afternoon!