Monday, December 16, 2019

Design Wall Christmas Tree


Have you been following along with the Temecula Tiny Tree project?
It has been fun to use up these small green scraps in cute little blocks. This is the order in which we made the blocks, but I didn't follow the block layout exactly as the instructions showed. The lime green in some of my blocks really stood out and had to be carefully spaced.


It was an interesting construction method, to piece the rows of the tree, then trim off the whole side on an angle. I was nervous cutting that angle, but it worked out perfectly.



So so cute! I found the background fabric with little green stars in my stash. If you would like to make your own scrappy tree, you can download the pattern here and the block patterns are on the Temecula blog.

Thanks to Temecula Quilt Company for such a happy little Christmas project!
Hop over to Small Quilts to see more design wall postings.

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You really enjoy participating in sew alongs. This one is a real cutie and will be a lovely Christmas quilt for next year. Happy Stitching!

Frog Quilter said...

Your tree is beautiful. That was a fun sew along.

Vicki in MN said...

I have been seeing several versions of this block, so cute!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been seeing a lot of these over the last couple days and all so nice!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

We need to call you the SAL Queen - and I really like your Tree quilt! Great job! Hugs

Tired Teacher said...

Nice! I finished mine as well, but I wish I hadn't used light fabric in some blocks - medium would have looked better.

piecefulwendy said...

That was a fun sew along, wasn't it? It was such a nice pace, and I love the variations of the pattern. I ended up making mine into a pillow. My tree got lopped off at the top, so I fixed that the easy way (I covered it up). Your little tree looks great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your little tree looks great! You were smart to rearrange some of the blocks to spread out the colors - I wish I had done that. I agree, though - it was a fun sew-along that turned into a sweet little Christmas decoration!

Mary said...

How fun and finished before Christmas. Very Cute little tree, sew scrappy!

Sue said...

Very cute little tree. I am amazed at how how much work you get through!

Jenny said...

Oh, that is so lovely, i thought about taking part then didnt, the itty bitty blocks put me off!