Wednesday, November 20, 2019

New Quiltville Mystery

Bonnie Hunter will be hosting a new mystery quilt adventure starting on Black Friday. 
I have been sewing Bonnie's mystery patterns since 2008 when I made two of her projects (Carolina Crossroads and Orange Crush). One of my favourite Bonnie mystery quilts is Easy Street, which is on my bed right now and gets the most use. A couple of the past mysteries have not yet become finished quilts, but they will! 
Who knew that more than 10 years later I would still be just as excited to start yet another Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt?!?


I am also excited that my sister is joining in for the first time this year and here are her fabric choices so far (without the neutrals). She is using yardage for the "Framboise"/pink and the "Parakeet"/green.



Here are my fabrics (without the neutrals) going just slightly "outside the box". 
I don't worry about my colour choices at all. As long as there is contrast between the fabric choices, it all works out. My blues are more to the "Prussian" blue end of the spectrum and my "Framboise" is more red than raspberry. The gold yardage will be my green, and the light pink will be my aqua. Who knows how it will all work out?!? 
My motto is... as long as you love your fabrics, you will love your finished quilt!
Are you joining in the fun?

14 comments:

Julierose said...

I tried one mystery and have not joined in since; I love the colors both you and your sister have chosen..I love watching how these come together...hugs, Julierose

diamondc said...

Kathy: Beautiful color choice.

Catherine

Louise said...

I agree that contrast is key! I really like your fabric pull. I did my first BH mystery last year and it was fun. I'm waffling about this year only because I have a lot of other things to work on right now. But I know that if I don't start that first week she posts, I probably won't do it at all, so the decision point is looming near :)

MissPat said...

I'm leaning toward not doing the mystery this year. I have too many unfinished projects including QAL and mysteries from other designers and En Provence is still a flimsy.
Pat

sue s said...

I will look forward to you and your sister's quilts. I'm still waffling, but since I went to the store to get raspberry fabrics, I guess I'm in! I may sub something for the aqua; a lot are doing a gold and I may go that way. It took me awhile to get En Provence finished, which is why I took a few years off. But regardless, I will follow yours!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have fun with the Mystery!! I'm not sure I will have time to quilt along. :o((

Kaja said...

I like your attitude. You have lovely fabrics so this will absolutely turn out to be a beautiful quilt.

Alison V. said...

These are great color pulls! I have also modified her color scheme slightly to fit the scraps and yardage that I have -- I have navy and dark teal instead of the two blues, coral instead of raspberry, and yellow instead of green.

Mary said...

Yea, we'll be sewing together across the miles! Have fun doing the Mystery with yiur Sister. 1 more week and 2 days, Getting excited!

ButterZ said...

Your colours will look great together once made into the quilt.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Deanna W said...

Brave colour selection.I think it will really work. How lucky that your sister is joining the fun. I think I have convinced a quilting friend to join me!

Sarah said...

Nice fabric selection! I always enjoy watching progress on a mystery quilt. It amazes me how different they all look!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I will be watching you from afar - I am sooooo far behind!!!!