I am so thrilled to announce that I have finished my Orange Crush quilt!
You can read about the creation of this quilt by reading the blogposts I have made since April 1st 2008 - click here. I enjoyed finishing the free motion "C" design I quilted in the light squares of the 4 patch chains. But I sure laboured through the quilting of the orange blocks (and the half blocks on the edges). I made a list of the number of blocks to quilt, and ticked off the blocks on the list as I quilted them, so that I could see my progress. That seemed to take a long time. Then, to get more momentum going for myself, I sewed and pressed the binding and set it in the middle of the table wrapped around a roll of paper towel, so I could see that I was so close to being able to sew the binding on.
This encouraged me to finish the free motion swirly "C" designs in both borders. I like this photo because you can see that I really was using up all my green scraps to finish the border of the quilt.
And here it is...not a good photograph because a) it was a sunny and windy day and b) it is a big quilt (72" x 86") and my 6' tall son had to stand on a chair to hold it for me. You can see the bottom left corner really well. It is a really wonderful feeling of accomplishment to finish this year long quilt project and to know that the whole quilt top was made from stash fabric! Thanks again to Bonnie for organizing this mystery (one of my favorite quilting activities) and for giving us a great quilt design!