It's finally done! The baby arrived in February and I really wanted to get this quilt to him before he got too big for it!
This quilt was made with fabrics that I received from the estate of the baby's great grandmother when she died. I used the bonus HST blocks cut off from the star points to make the flying geese border. I really like the effect of the border and am happy with how the quilt turned out.
You can read more about the machine quilting here.
The pattern is called Shadow Stars and I highly recommend it.
This is the label I made for the quilt. I found a brand new baby robin's egg when I was out for a walk on the day I gave the baby quilt to it's new owner!
Here is a photo of me at guild meeting showing my March UFO finish and the baby quilt. Thanks MaryAnne for taking the photo and sending it to me!