Thursday, March 28, 2019

March Finish

My March UFO is finished well before the end of the month. This is called "Secret Santa" and is a mystery quilt that was offered last fall by Temecula QuiltsI'm so glad I had enough of that striped sashing fabric for the binding.

Thanks to my blog reader Dotti in CT who checked in with me to make sure that I had fixed the mistake block before I quilted it. You can read about that here and see links to other bloggers who finished this fun mystery. I sure do hope there are no mistakes to be found cause it's quilted now! The backing fabric is one of my favourites from the Sweetwater "Mama Said Sew Revisited" line.  

The finished size is 42.5" x 56" and has 1,375 pieces (yes, I counted!)  And it is even ready in plenty of time for next Christmas! 
Linking up to the March finishing party over at One Monthly Goal.

22 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Fantastic finish! Every quilt is an adventure!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It is fabulous, great finish!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a nice quilt and I have the pattern saved for it. I see no mistakes!

Patty said...

Lovely finish! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful finish! I've been admiring everyone's version of this quilt.

Sherry said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Congratulations on the finish.

Mary said...

Yea! I love it with the striped binding. Gotta Quilt a little more and get my March UFO off the frame for March. Heading to set up the Quilt Show. Hope I have energy to quilt when I get home.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

What a lovely finish--the striped sashing fabric really adds a lot of interest! I love it!!

Janet O. said...

Absolutely adorable!!
That stripe sets yours apart from the basic Burgoyne Surrounded.
I don't usually count pieces in my quilts, but when I made my Burgoyne Surrounded mini, I just had to count. Incredible how many little pieces are in each small block!

Deanna W said...

UFO done..check. Way to go. Also I have some of that backing fabric...well maybe a fat 1/4 or two!!! I think we have similar tastes...that's not stalking!!

Sue said...

A beautiful quilt Kathy. One design I have not made. Love the stripe fabric.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a wonderful piece, Kathy, and I adore that backing material.

Jenny said...

Such a great finish, looks wonderful. My version is still in pieces but hopefully will get assembled before too long.

Louise said...

Whoo hoo! It's Christmas in March and this is a fabulous gift to yourself! Congrats on the super finish, Kathy :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

congrats on a great finish

Karrin Hurd said...

Great finish, love the backing!

Marly said...

Lovely finish; a Christmas quilt, and not a bloated Santa or a reindeer in sight! Great!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful Quilt Kathy! Well done!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

It turned out great! I need to get working on finishing up mine.

Angie said...

Fantastic finish! Burgoyne looks great in red and green!

SueR said...

Lots of work in this quilt, and it's beautiful!

Lynette said...

What a neat finish! I really love that striped fabric in there!