Friday, August 04, 2017

Kevin's Mystery Quilt Update

Are you making the Sapphire Stars mystery quilt that Kevin is hosting? Step #2 has been posted. For this step we need blue, red and yellow strips. But for my version of the quilt I am using green instead of blue, some old red scraps, and some gold yardage instead of yellow. My version is called "Emerald Stars" because I'm sewing with green scraps.


Just look at this pile of old red scraps. There are leftovers here from Celtic Solstice, BeAttitudes, and Journey of a Quilter. It's time for these pieces to get into a quilt. They've been cut up and sewn together and are happy to be part of my Emerald Stars quilt!



Here are my blocks for step #2 all sewn and pressed. Wow that light green is really bright... kind of like a night light!!

I'm waiting "patiently" for step #3 Kevin!


7 comments:

Julierose said...

I've never done a mystery (if you don't count the one I started from BH and gave up on..pieces hidden away in scrap stash!!). I don't know how to choose fabrics other than just copying what the writer uses...enjoying watching your "sections" being sewn though...hugs, Julierose ;))))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are ahead of me. I have some 'due date' things to finish first, before I can start clue #2.

Janet O. said...

You stay so on top of SALs. How do you do it?
Maybe you can nickname yours "Emerald & Lime Stars". :)

Kate said...

Looks like you've done a great job of keeping up. What a good way to use up a those scraps.

Kevin the Quilter said...

I am THRILLED to see your Emerald Stars version coming to life! Hooray! Thanks for playing along! Clue 3 will be here before we know it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm glad to hear that YOU are waiting patiently for Kevin's next clue. I am tapping my foot waiting to move on... even though I haven't finished this clue yet!! (I just like to know what comes next.)

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Your emerald star stash busting is inspiring. I have kept to Kevin's choices (not a grouping I have ever worked with before) and I am loving mine. Each one is going to be a treasure and I look forward to yours coming together.