Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Blockheads Update

The Blockheads project saw some progress this past week. The bird house from week #22 was a cute little appliqued block. It took me a while to figure out the order in which to stitch the pieces, but I got it figured out and am pretty happy with how it ended up. I added some bird feet since it just looked like he was slipping right off the roof... so now he's firmly grounded!




Block #25 is called "Twice the Friendship". It was easy to sew when you follow the directions. I changed the light and dark pieces in order to feature the brown fabric that my friend Deanna recently sent me. And half way through cutting the block pieces, I forgot that I had made that change! So I have lots of extra pieces already cut for a future block.

Here is my version of the 25 Blockhead patterns posted so far...


Linking up to Sew Fresh Quilts!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your version, Kathy!

Margaret said...

Your blocks look fantastic!

piecefulwendy said...

Wow - it's fun to see them altogether! So pretty. Hope you are still mending well and able to do a bit more each day!

Deanna W said...

Aww so glad you could use the things I put in your care package. I hope it helped you to feel included even though you couldn't make the retreat!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love them all!!!!

Nana said...

Colors are peaceful and the overall blocks are beautiful together

Janet O. said...

Good looking bunch of blocks! Your reversed colorway block turned out very appealing, in spite of the extra pieces you generated. :)

Anne Ida said...

Your blocks are looking fabulous!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome xx

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks look great! I so impressed that you have been keeping up--I am far behind on my blocks.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like his little feet.

scraphappy said...

You make your little oops sound like such happy opportunities. Such a sweet little block.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

so glad to see you overcoming that injury and getting back to sewing :)

Kate said...

Love your little red birdie!