Monday, August 28, 2017

Clarissa is on the design wall!



This is block #17 made for my version of the Clarissa quilt. I wanted to include more of the dotted butterscotch fabric in the quilt since it does seem to draw attention to itself when all the blocks are together. The key to dealing with "attention seeking" fabrics is to sprinkle more of them around the quilt. 


This block collection has outgrown my design wall, so I just put up a few more blocks to surround this new one. You can see the first 16 blocks here.

I think I'll make 3 more blocks for this quilt for a total of 20, with a layout of 4 across and 5 down.

To see more quilts being designed, hop over to Small Quilts.

13 comments:

Daffycat said...

The colors for block 17 are yummy!

The Cozy Quilter said...

So many leaders and Enders!

Gretchen Weaver said...

These blocks are so pretty, the quilt is going to be lovely. I'm surprised you can sew after your fall. Take it easy and don't overdo.

diane said...





Enjoy watching this quilt grow. Colors are wonderful. What size is the finished block?

Julierose said...

Oh this has to be one of my favorites of all your quilts...some quilts just "talk to you", i think. the colors are lovely, and I love the addition of that butterscotch fabric dotted here and there...hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

Getting close to a finish on the Clarissa quilt top. Sew fast!

Janet O. said...

You are really cruising with this one. I love every block in this quilt. All the same--but each one unique!

Ramona said...

The fabrics you are using are gorgeous and play so well together. This is going to be a stunning quilt.

Mary said...

Sew Fun to see what the Hourglass Blocks can become. Love the colors too!

Kate said...

Love these blocks. The color palette is beautiful.

Sandy said...

I love this! You're doing this as leader/enders? What a great idea.

Debbie said...

How beautiful this is with the different colorways!

audrey said...

This is such a great quilt! I always admire the details in each block!