Monday, February 06, 2017

Super Sewl Design Wall

For a few years now I have hosted a Superbowl Sewing party, which I call the Super Sewl party! You can see some of the mystery quilt tops we have made over the years:  2016 party2015 party, and 2014 party.    It is forbidden to ask any of us if these previous mystery projects are finished quilts, or if they are still quilt tops in the UFO closet! All of these mystery quilt patterns have been generously provided by Quiltbug and this year was no exception. We are a group of avid mystery quilters and we enjoy the surprise of not knowing what we are sewing when we gather our fabrics. In truth, we really don't care how the projects turn out... we enjoy the day of visiting and sewing, and hiding from the football fans!


Here are the fabrics I collected for the mystery. They are washed and ready for the cutting and sewing to commence. 




Here is my project at the end of the day. The pattern is called "Ghosts and Mosts" and the steps can be found here. I think I will make 2 more rows to add to the bottom to make it a larger quilt if I have enough fabric to do so.
We are thankful to the wonderful folks at Quiltbug who have given us these wonderful mystery patterns to sew!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Mary said...

Fun activity for a Super Sewl day. It reminds me of a quilt I made once. I like the thin sashing.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Great pattern!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't visited the quiltbug on line in a long time, I guess I lost their name and address - didn't they use to have a online quilt group years and years ago - I think from about 20 years ago before social media was everywhere. I used to be on some of those old mailing lists.

Janet O. said...

Cute design--but I was most intrigued by the fabric on which the quilt is displayed. Love the words tucked subtly amongst the flowers.

Sue McQ said...

The colors are great! Work so well together.

Karen said...

I wish I lived close enough to be invited. We live a long ways apart!

Missy Shay said...

What a fun tradition!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like your quilt! But, I have to see the game, LOL!! Only handwork allowed at my house on Super Bowl Sunday.

Kate said...

What a fun way to spend Superbowl Sunday. Beautifully done!