Monday, February 13, 2017

Design Wall Monday - En Provence

My version of Quiltville's En Provence mystery quilt is on the design wall again/still. Did you notice that it is all in one piece?!?!  I worked hard this week to get this quilt top together because today is the Quiltville link up. If you know the pattern, you will see that I didn't extend the dark blue tri-recs units into the last border because I liked it better without them.

My quilt just needs one more light border and then it's done. The problem is that I have run out of the light fabrics that are in the blocks and in the first border.  I really don't want to buy more fabric, so I have been adding in some other scraps that were kicking around the quilt studio.  I need about 100 four patch blocks to finish and made a few more yesterday while watching Quiltcam.
To see more En Provence quilts, hop over to Quiltville.
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Patchwork Times.

21 comments:

Kaja said...

This is such an appealing design; I'm really enjoying seeing how people have made it their own. I hope you find enough bits to finish your border.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Beautiful job, Kathy! I can't believe you would ever run out of scraps!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm going to make this quilt someday. My oldest DIL loves purples. Their 25th anniversary is still many years off, but I'm thinking it may take that long to make this quilt! villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks great!

Monica said...

Woo hoo! Almost there. The blues and greens are really pretty, Kathy!

Alison V. said...

Just darling! I really love your color scheme.

Laura said...

Looks beautiful, Kathy!

Janet O. said...

Looks so good, Kathy!

Mary said...

You did make it your OWN. I Loved making this Mystery, it was the Bestest! From the time Bonnie announced the colors I knew I would. Have fun making more 4-patches. Back to clue 1. I had to make a bunch more also. I borrowed some to add to my Granddaughter's quilt that I made between Mystery Clues.

Needled Mom said...

So pretty.

Ramona said...

Your version is beautiful!

Teresa said...

I like it just as well leaving out the points in the border, I love how others have changed the pattern to soot themselves

julieQ said...

Your is my favorite! I did not keep up this year!

beaquilter said...

it looks great!!

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

Your colors look so nice!!

AnnieO said...

Great colors and I like your simplified border.

Vireya said...

Pretty result!

Jo said...

I like it with the blues

englishquilter said...

Stunning!

Kate said...

Your version turned out beautifully. Even better, it's almost finished, so it won't languish in the UFO closet!

Jeanette said...

The blues instead of purples give a very relaxed look to your lovely quilt. Spots and stripes in the magenta stars are lively.