Tuesday, February 07, 2017

New Clarissa Block

Clarissa was a Superstar is my favourite quilt at the moment! I just love cutting up 1.5" strips using Bonnie Hunter's new Essential Triangle ruler (you can see the ruler in this post). And sewing these hourglass blocks together is so fun.
This is the newly finished block #7.

And here is the collection of blocks so far. Delicious!

For those who like math, each block has 144 triangles, so this quilt project already has more than 1,000 triangles! 
This project was inspired by the Quiltville leader/ender challenge and we have until the summer to finish it. At this rate of making approximately one block a month, I think my quilt will likely be 12 blocks (plus a 2" sashing and border).



Of course, block #8 has already been started. Here is the centre pinwheel block. 

14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I think you are in love with these blocks! They look wonderful together!

swooze said...

Did you see this? https://hazelsdiary.wordpress.com/2017/02/06/canning-season-section-tutorial/

swooze said...

I'm loving your blocks!

Barb said...

neat blocks and great color combination.

maggie fellow said...

I love how these are turning out. any tricks for the pinwheels - I find them a big challenge

Aunt 'Reen said...

Gorgeous blocks Kathy!

Teresa said...

These blocks all look great together. Your quilt is going to be stunning

time4stitchn said...

Wow! Have you made great progress on these. I love your colors, and really admire all these triangles.

Nell's Quilts said...

Two of my favourite colours - teal and beige/brown. This block looks like so much fun and a real scrap buster.

Kyle said...

Wow! Your quilt is gorgeous.

Janet O. said...

It is going to be so eye-catching. Well, it already is. : )

Mary said...

I love the Essential tool as well! Having lots of fun with your Clarissa blocks. how many will you make?

Kate said...

This is going to be such a beautiful quilt. Your color choices are perfect.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Wow! Just WOW! This is going to be such an amazing work!