Saturday, February 04, 2017

Scrappy Saturday


I had a very fun visit with the Oxford Quilt Guild this week. 
This is the pile of my quilts that I took along to show while I talked about how to respond to those crazy questions that quilters are always asked. Doing this lecture/trunk show is really just a chance for me to remind my quilting friends about setting healthy boundaries in order to stay well. I remind them/me to just say 'NO' to all requests that do not make your/my heart sing. 
Today my heart is singing because I can quilt all day long if I want to! And I just might! 

Also it is Scrappy Saturday over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and this month's colour is aquamarine, which is any colour between blue and green. I made another Circle of Squares block to add to this growing collection of blocks.
You can get the free pattern here if you want to start your own quilt.



This is my 8th block and I'm still not even close to being tired of this pattern! Here they are on the design wall late last night. The colours are a little off, but you get the idea of how the blocks look together. I have scraps organized to sew 2 more purple blocks from last month's colour.
To see what the scrappers are sewing today, hop over to the link up at SoScrappy.

24 comments:

Turid said...

So pretty blocks you've made. I totally fell out of this scrappy challenge for a period. Hope to come back soon. Have a nice weekend!

Edith said...

I really like what you are doing with the circle of squares backgrounds, nice blocks.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like these blocks. I see so many blocks with the scrap challenge and I would love to make them all. But for now, I'll just stick with the 2 blocks I'm working on. I've pulled the fabrics for the February challenge but that's all the farther I've gotten. villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Janet O. said...

Oh, I do love these blocks!
Good advice on saying no to things that don't make your heart sing. Had such an experience on Thursday and am still feeling a tiny bit guilty about it. Maybe I should email you and have you talk me out of the guilt. LOL

scraphappy said...

Glad you found a project to make your heart sing. Sewing should be a balm to the soul above all else.

Sally Trude said...

I can see how that block would be lots of fun to make. I might have to make a few for verification purposes.

Kaisievic said...

Your scrappy blocks of colour look great.

AnnieO said...

Thought my comment doubled--trying Bloglovin's new feature, which obviously isn't working!! Anyway, glad you enjoyed your teaching, fully girded against odd requests! Love the circle of squares block. What size squares do you use?

Missy Shay said...

Those blocks look like a lot of fun!

Nell's Quilts said...

I'd be singing too. What a happy block. It just smiles at you whichever way to turn it.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I quilted all day too, I hear that you announced your dislike for IOP the other night.... The walls have ears! Nice circles!

Cathy said...

A lecture and trunk show? How impressive!
That's a fun block....that's a tempting block....

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lucky thing you haven't gotten tired of that Circle of Squares block because I never get tired of seeing them!! It looks lovely in SEA GREEN, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to see your new Circle of Squares block each month! I enjoy looking at what you chose for the backgrounds, too. I was just having that conversation with a quilting friend this morning - quilting should never be a "should." Especially if it doesn't make your heart sing!

Brenda Kay said...

Yhise squares look like so much fun and so colorful, too.

Needled Mom said...

That is such a fun block.

canuckquilter said...

Your circle of squares is such a simple concept, but very effective. I love it!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking blocks. Thanks for the link to the free pattern, I do not need to start another block. Ha ha.

Karen said...

The aqua squares make a pretty block.

Barb said...

I'd love to hear what some of those crazy questions are.
That is a new pattern to me.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it! Make things and do things that make your heart sing!! What a great reminder! LOVE your blocks - they are so beautiful

Kate said...

Such fun blocks. Another beautiful rainbow quilt in the works.

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I like how the backgrounds include the color too!

Vicki in MN said...

Cute!! They remind me of clocks, granted not all the numbers would be there but still, LOL