Sunday, January 24, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's time for some Slow Sunday Stitching!

Take out your hand stitching project and enjoy some relaxation. Try not to think about your "to-do" list, or ruminate about your worries. Just take a stitching break, and focus on pulling thread through fabric, one stitch at a time. Breathe deeply and enjoy yourself.


Modern Quilting by Sherri Noel
If you have an interest in hand quilting, I found a fantastic blog post for you to enjoy. Sherri gave me permission to share her tutorial with the Slow Sunday Stitchers - click here to visit. I was so inspired by the lovely photos and bright colours of her project. Sherri shows step by step how she uses perle cotton for quilting a block sampler quilt. Yum!

I have been putting some stitches into my winter hand quilting project and making some good progress. Max has been visiting and when he "helps", progress is slower.  
I went to get some tea, and when I came back, this was the scene.
"Well Grandma, I really don't know who put that toy on your quilt, but I'm keeping a close eye on the situation. And any time you feel like playing with me instead of quilting, I'll be ready!"


Today I'll be playing with Max, visiting your inspiring blog links, and enjoying some relaxing hand stitching. I love Sunday!
Link up your post below and share your hand work progress with us.



22 comments:

Sarah said...

Max is a really sweetie! Have a great day!

ES said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ES said...

I'm Down Under, so I'm at the end of my Sunday already, I've just packed up my hand sewing! I'm appliqueing a butterfly onto a quilt for my daughter, three more to go!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Miracles DO happen...dog toys can levitate and fly through the air while you are out of the room, yes :) SO CUTE :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Miracles DO happen...dog toys can levitate and fly through the air while you are out of the room, yes :) SO CUTE :)

CathieJ said...

Max is adorable. He certainly knows exactly how to get your attention. Your quilting looks like it is coming along nicely.

Ellen said...

Lovely that you have such fun company while working on your hand quilting. My pups also leave me their toys in the strangest places trying to get my attention. It's nice to take a little play break!

Debbi said...

Too funny! My dogs do things like that as well and it never fails to make me laugh.

Deb A said...

Silly Dog. I have that issue with the cats!.

Denise :) said...

How funny . . . Max is ready to *play*! Enjoy your day; it sounds divine! :)

Angie said...

Thanks for the link to Sherri's tutorial! I really want to try this type of quilting, but the right project hasn't materialized yet.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sherri's tutorial is very inspiring! My Max stares at at me and then his back foot slowly moves up and down to let me know his patience is running thin. They are too funny and so darn smart!

The Cozy Quilter said...

So nice to see Max again! He is just such a helpful grand-dog! Have fun trying to sew today!

Deanna W said...

Oh Max you are too cute! I am headed to the sewing machine to do more free motion quilting. I quilted one yesterday and hopefully I will get the other two done today.

Cathy said...

I do it the way Sherri does it. She has such a nice tutorial for anyone that wants to give it a try!

Juliann in WA said...

I have been doing so much hand work the last week and it really is a stress buster!

Ivani said...

Thanks for the link. I really need to give hand quilting a try. Max is so cute, I love dogs. Have a wonderful week

Jeanna said...

That Max is a clever little fellow. How can you resist that face? My stitching would be slower than usual if he were here :)

Thanks for sharing Sherri's link to hand quilting. One of my near term goals is to start my first hand quilting project.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

No pictures, but, I did get most of a binding stitched down today. Go play fetch with the puppy.

Teresa in Music City said...

Awwww, Max is adorable!!! How could one not play with that face? Thanks for sharing Sherri's tutorial - I've been playing around with the idea of doing a big-stitch hand quilting project.

Stephie said...

Oh I think Max looks so at home on your lovely quilt Kathy - I bet you didn't have the heart to throw him off! It looks like you're making good progress on your stars, even with his help! Great tutorial by Sherri too, thanks for the link! Have a lovely week :)

Kate said...

Max is definitely a cute little guy. How could anyone resist that look? Hope you enjoyed your slow Sunday.