Monday, January 25, 2016

Design Wall Monday



Progress is slow but sure with my Allietare blocks. I enjoyed an evening of sewing with some friends, and was able to make a lot of progress. Here they are on the design wall. There are only a few more blocks to finish and then I can start putting the quilt top together.








You can see in this photo that I was sewing these star blocks on Lucy - my long bed 301 Singer. She just sews like a dream with a perfect tension, and a lovely soft sound. It's such a thrill to sew on a 63 year old sewing machine that works beautifully.
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Patchwork Times.

14 comments:

Lesley said...

Looking wonderful! Great machine too!

Carol said...

lovely block and fabric

Sandra said...

Wonderful to hear about a smooth running sewing/quilting machine; makes the process so much nicer. Great blocks and will make a great quilt.

DeAnna said...

Great quilt. It's beautiful! I too love sewing on those older machines.

Monica said...

We're at about the same place on Allietare, Kathy. It's looking good!

Judy D in WA said...

Your blocks look great! I sure love this quilt.
A 301 is on my list but I have yet to find one. Around here old Singers are hard to find and when you do, the price is outrageous.

Charlene S said...

I just love my older machines but don't have a 301. Sometimes I like the older machines more that my newer machines.

Needled Mom said...

That is fun sewing!

Mary said...

Lovely Blocks! Nice machine, too. I have Vintage Machine envy for sure. Mine is waiting on me to put it all together. I need more room, it's a BIG one.

Jeanna said...

Pretty blocks...you are almost there!

Barbara in TN said...

Kathy - I have my Mother's Singer 301! It's not a long bed, but is a work horse for sure! I also have a Janome and MUCH prefer my Singer to it. . . . just love it!
Barbara in TN

Stephie said...

Oh wow, this mystery quilt is gorgeous! You've put it together really quickly too. I'm very envious of Lucy, it must be wonderful to have a few different ladies to work on - and this one's even older that me!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful blocks! I'm waiting to see the whole thing come together!
I love sewing on my featherweight. I got it to take to retreats, but I should sew on it more often at home.

Kate said...

Your Allietare Star blocks are looking great. It's been such fun to see all the different versions of Bonnie's mystery quilt come together.