Sunday, January 17, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's Slow Stitching Sunday! I will be stitching more slowly than usual today as I recover from a nasty cold. We all know about the amazing healing powers of hand stitching, so I am prescribing a double dose of it for myself. Fits of coughing and drinking tea will be interrupted as frequently as possible with some hand stitching. 

This is the next block in my star quilt that I am working on. The inside square-in-a-square filler design has been completed, and next I will be stitching lines 1/4" just inside each of the red triangles. The larger blue star triangles have already been quilted, so this block is more than half finished.




Yesterday I did a little bit of hand stitching while watching QuiltCam. I have been too busy to catch the first of two episodes of QuiltCam 2016, which is just not acceptable! This was my view - hoop on my lap, and the laptop just to the side. My lap isn't big enough for the computer and the quilting hoop! 

What are you hand stitching today? Join us at the link up below and share your progress with us.



24 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Hope you get to feeling better Kathy! Relaxing and fluids should get you there. Enjoy your stitches today!

Created by Kathi said...

Quilt Cams are my fave activity to watch whilst stitching too! I love having them to watch :) Feel better my friend & thanks for the linky! Kathi

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hope that you get better asap, Kathy!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Feel better soon - feet up and relaxing while slow stitching should help. I didn't even think about watching BH quilt cams while hand stitching - will have to do this myself.

CathieJ said...

I think I have that same red fabric that is in your star. The star is very pretty.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I've never watched quilt cam--guess I better get with it! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Oh I do hope you feel better soon.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you get to feeling better soon! I tried watching quilt cam once but I didn't really get into it

Juliann in WA said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Lots of winter colds going around.

Ellen said...

I hope you get well soon...that cold bug that is going around is very nasty! I am working today but I am definitely making time for hand work. ;)

Barbara said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Get well soon.

Angie said...

Feel better soon! It sounds like you've given yourself the perfect prescription!

Jo said...

Feel better Kathy! I am off to church and may join you in some slow stitching later in the day. Got a mild cold myself.

sophie said...

Feel better soon! MAKE your family pamper you the way you know you pamper them when they aren't well.

Ivani said...

Hope you get better soon. Take a lemon tea with ginger, stay warm and relax.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! :)

Lyndsey said...

Get better soon Kathy. Stitching is the perfect medicine to help you get better.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Yipee, finally got it to load. Hope you feel better soon!

Sarah said...

Hope you get lots of soothing stitching done today and you feel better soon.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I hope your slow stitching helps your recuperation! I have been thinking of watching Quilt Cam.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope you are getting better. I did some hand stitching last night, but, today, I'm cutting out fabric for TOBE blocks.

Jennie in GA said...

Feel better soon!! Sweet progress on your handquilting.

Kate said...

Hope you are feeling better now and that you made lots of progress while working on your remedy.

Stephie said...

Oh I feel your coughing Kathy! I've been hacking my lungs out for a couple of weeks and my head's only just clearing - I've not been able to concentrate at all, so I'm really looking forward to catching up and popping in this weekend. I love the way your starts are coming in - and that's my favourite way of quilting too, laptop on the table, hoop in my lap! Hope you're feeling better by now and not worse! Take care.