Sunday, June 04, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly celebration of hand stitching! It's the one time a week where we make sure to set aside some special moments for playing with needles and thread. We hope you will join us!



I have been knitting the project from the Garden Dishcloths book that I started last week. I am using Estelle Sudz yarn which is 100% cotton and made for dishcloths. I enjoy the portability of this hand work - in this photo I am waiting for Granddog Max to come out of the vet office. It was a $1,400 Wednesday for Max as he now has pancreatitis and kidney stones. The knitting helped me pass the time feeling less worried.


Here's the little sick boy home safe and sound. We each bought him a new toy since we were feeling so sorry for him! He has another surgery next week.  




Here is the finished dishcloth. Can you tell what the pattern is? I love stitching these so much that I want to make every pattern in the book! I have already cast on the stitches for the next one!


I have also been working on the Fat Quarter Shop mystery cross stitch. I was getting frustrated with my very slow progress, and discovered that although the pattern calls for 2 threads over 2, at some point I had started using 3 threads over 2. Why? I have no idea, but it was hard to pull the threads through and tiring for my hands. Finally I realized the problem and returned to using 2 threads, which is so much easier of course! I should make some progress on this today.

What are you hand stitching on this first Sunday in June? Maybe you will be able to enjoy some outdoor stitching if you have good weather? Please link up your instagram or blog post below and share your slow progress with us.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

18 comments:

ButterZ said...

Dishcloth looks like a beehive

The Cozy Quilter said...

Poor Max! I hope he is feeling much better very soon. The toys will help, I am sure. He must be getting lots of extra love and attention too.. give him an ear rub for me.
What a cute dish cloth!. Un-stitching cross stitch is no fun. Hope your project proceeds without errors from now on.

Deanna W said...

Travelling home today so no stitching till this evening. Looking forward to our visit...5 more sleeps till piranha weekend!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's rainy here in Colorado, so I'm not sure how much stitching will be done outside, but I would love to! Your beehive dishcloth is fun as can be, Kathy! Hope little Max is feeling better soon - happy stitching today.

Ivani said...

Oh poor Max! Hope he gets well soon. He looks to be happy with his new toys, he knows he is loved!
Pretty knitted beehive dishcloth, Kathy!
I always use 2 strands for cross stitch I like when the fabric shows up through out the stitches.
Happy stitching.

CathieJ said...

Max looks so adorable. How sad that he needs more surgery. Vet bills are so expensive. I love your knitted dishcloth. I wonder what pattern you are now knitting. I look forward to seeing it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorry your little dog needs surgery for a second time

Sarah said...

Poor little Max. It's horrible when your pet is sick and pancreatitis is so painful. Hope his next vet appointment goes ok. Nice dish cloth. Looks like a bee hive to me?

Linda said...

Dishcloths look good. Positive thought for Max.

grammajudyb said...

The consensus is a beehive in your dishcloth! I miss my friend who knitted lots of dishcloths with lots of images! I have a drawer full. I use them everyday! Hope Max does well this week and his next surgery goes as expected! I know you’ll shower him with lots of cuddles and love!

Angela said...

Aw, I feel for Max. I hope the new toys helped a bit!

Created by Kathi said...

Prayers for Max... love your cross stitch mystery progress no matter if it i2 or 3 threads! LOL
I am soooo glad to be back to your blog on Sundays...next week I hope to visit more than I did this week! Enjoy your different projects ... the dishcloth turned our stellar too btw!
Kathi

Karrin Hurd said...

Poor Max, hope he is doing better soon! Love your dishcloth! Happy Stitching and knitting!

AnnieO said...

Cute beehive dishcloth. I have not knit anything in a few decades :)
Poor pup! Hope he feels better soon. Vet care is awfully expensive--my vet wanted to do a $1000 panel on my 16 year old cat; I declined that for a less expensive one.
Oh my, 3 strands is a lot of thickness in tiny holes. Glad you figured it out. Cute stitchery.

MissPat said...

Poor Max and ouch on the vet bill. It's nice that you were able to take your granddog for his appointment. Pets become family and we'll do anything for them. Nice beehine dishcloth.
Pat

Nina Marie said...

I used to love when I would get those dishclothes as presents from my friends. I can imagine how three threads would have trouble going through the cloth. I can always tell when I'm using a thicker thread when I'm doing my big stitch quilting. Thanks for the link up!!

Miaismine said...

I’m so sorry to hear about Granddog Max’s health issues. Yes, slow stitching does relieve stress and worries. I pray next week’s surgery is a success!
Love your dishcloth! I’ve noticed that bees and bee hives are all over the home décor shops! Your dishcloth is really pretty!

Kate said...

Poor Max! Hope he does much better after his next surgery. You've got some fun stitching in the works. Love that dish cloth. It's really almost too pretty to use!