Sunday, June 18, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party!

This week marks the 11th anniversary of Slow Sunday Stitching adventures! The inaugural link up was June 24th, 2012. I can't believe that much time has passed! My original goal in creating this link up was to inspire people to slow down, to take a deep breath, to dedicate precious time to the healing process of hand work, and to connect with other creative like-minded stitchers.

Slow Stitching Gang!
And surprisingly all these years later, there are still folks who are hand stitching and blogging about it! And they are still willing to share their projects with us and I am thankful! Although I don't get around to visiting everyone each week, I do visit as many stitchers as time permits, and hope you all take the time to visit a couple of friends each week too. Thank you for posting, for reading, and for leaving encouraging comments for all of us hand stitchers!

This week I finished up a donation quilt and enjoyed hand stitching the binding. These are my commonly used tools, and you probably can't see my favourite needle which is a #10 Clover black gold needle.


I also stitched the label (created by our community outreach committee) onto the back of the quilt.



Once the quilt was finished I had enough time to get a new facecloth started.

What are you hand stitching today? We hope you will join the slow stitching gang and link up your blog or instagram post below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on hosting Slow Sunday Stitches for the past eleven years. I appreciate you providing this link up and I do so enjoy being part of this each week, whether I have something to post, or just read what the others have been working on. Because of the time difference, I join your linky party late on Sunday night, and enjoy reading them all while I have my breakfast on Monday morning, New Zealand time.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Eleven years of Slow Sunday Stitching - wow! I don't remember when I first started linking up, but I've gotten a lot of inspiration from you and the group to try more hand stitching, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Have a lovely Sunday, Kathy!

Angela said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that you do this. I look forward to it every week!

Linda said...

thank you for hosting the link up each week, well done on 11 years!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy 11th Slow Stitching Sunday Anniversary, Kathy and thank you for all of the time, energy and hard work that you have put into creating not only a wonderful and lovely blog but a fabulous link up for quilters to meet one another. I and others are truly grateful.

Kate said...

Happy 11 years of slow stitching posts. That is a long time to do anything!

Jayne Honnold said...

Happy Anniversary!! I certainly have met some wonderful 'sisters-in'stitches' here at your weekly party! Let's keep it going, okay?! Thank you!!

MissPat said...

Happy Blogaversary. I've never linked up (don't have a blog), but I faithfully follow each week and visit at least some of the posters. I enjoy seeing what others are doing and have found much inspiration in the projects shown.
Pat

Miaismine said...

Another wonderful link up to get our week off to a great slow stitching start! Thank YOU for hosting such a great link up in which we can come together and encourage each other! Yes, I so love hand binding. The backing fabric on your quilt is lovely. Congratulations on such a fabulous milestone!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on 11 years! That's dedication and commitment. Thank you, Kathy.

Of your favorite tools, what is the pink item in the middle. Is that a needle threader, and if so, how does it work? It must work well if it's a favorite!

Kim said...

There is always so much inspiration to be seen with the lovely band of slow hand stitchers each Sunday. It is a fun party where kindness and generosity, and of course lovely handwork, is showcased each time. Thank you, Kathy, for hosting. How quickly that eleven years has gone.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am so late today for the link up - we had been without power since the middle of the night after I bad storm came through - 11 years - wow where has the time gone.

Jill said...

Thank you for hosting slow sunday stitching for 11 years! I enjoy it!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, congrats on your 11th year anniversary. I'm really glad that your linking party is still going, even if I don't link up every week. Since it's SLOW stitching, I often don't have anything much to add in my blog :-) Slowing down and slow stitching is very important to my sanity. Take care and thanks again for the party!