Saturday, June 10, 2023

Crappy Saturday

Yes it is Crappy Saturday here at Kathy's Quilts! 

The sewer backed up into the basement on Thursday night which will cause a huge repair expense when it hopefully gets fully fixed next week. It also caused me to miss out on a weekend quilting retreat with friends in Trout Creek. Instead of quilting with my friends I am cleaning the basement 😰


I am thinking about how sewer and sewer are heteronyms - the words are spelled the same but mean very different things! 



I will spend half the day in the sewer basement, and half the day in the sewer room!

Making more disappearing pinwheel blocks has been such a delight. 

I have finished 6 disappearing pinwheel blocks in blue (which is the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrappers). Here they are on the design wall.


Linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

11 comments:

Kate said...

That is a very crappy Saturday! Hope it all gets resolved soon. Enjoy your half day of stitching time.

quiltingbydawn said...

Nice array of blue pinwheel blocks!

AnnieO said...

Oh no! Hope the issue is quickly fixed. Sorry about your having to miss sewing with friends! Great blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm sorry about that - my daughter had to deal with that issue a year ago - it was not nice!

dianne said...

sometimes Life just stinks - ugh!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I hope the sewer problem is fixed so that the sewer can play with her scraps! Your disappearing pinwheels are really fun, Kathy!

Jenny said...

Oh dear, a nasty sewer problem, I do hope it will be quickly fixed. When I first started reading I thought you meant that a sewer/sewist had backed her car into your basement!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning, cut the water indeed, LOL!! I think the sewer having one meaning waste transport is the reason why I use the term sewist to refer to a sewing artist.

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Ugh! I am so sorry. That just sucks. On a bright note, the disappearing pinwheel blocks look amazing!

grammajudyb said...

Oh man! I feel for you! We have a sump that quits working every once in awhile! What a mess! Every time I type sewer( meaning I sew), I think sewer ( the yucky drain thing) and have to stop and giggle!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh, goodness, Kathy.I can imagine how frazzled you have been especially missing the retreat as well. I hope all is resolved soon. Love those pinwheels being produced out of the sewer's room.