Monday, June 26, 2023

Scrappy Stars

A scrappy rainbow scrap challenge project is on the design wall today. This pattern alternates a 25 patch block and a star block.  That's a very old Debbie Mumm print used for the star fabric.



I started making blocks last fall and wasn't sure if I would keep up with the project or not. It turns out I really like sewing these blocks and using up my collection of 1.5" squares, so it will continue!



Here are the recently sewn blocks using blue scraps for the June Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I love the secondary design you get when the blocks are side by side.

Here are all the blocks I've sewn so far.


I'm looking forward to adding in some warm colours soon - red is up for next month.

Linking up to Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Design Wall Monday

9 comments:

Sara said...

OMG - so pretty!! Isn't it amazing how alternating such simple blocks can create such a wonderful look? Great job!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like these blocks, the secondary design reminds me of an Irish chain. Enjoy!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those blocks are making a really pretty design! I love how the 25 patches frame the stars. It will be fun to see how this changes when you add some brighter colors!

Mary said...

Scrappy makes you happy! You are using up the tiniest scraps. Looking great my Quilty Friend

Nancy said...

These are great blocks, especially together! I appreciate and enjoy the secondary pattern, too. I'm looking forward to your finish to see how you arrange all the blocks. This is really a great way to use scraps because it requires lots of different values of the same color. Very fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!!! that chains make those stars the center of attention - love how it flows into the next color

Chantal said...

It looks great so far, Kathy. You definitely need to continue this project. It will be an awesome quilt someday. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing this quilt continue to grow. It looks amazing, Kathy!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your blocks are so stunning, Kathy. Such a fun project.