Saturday, January 07, 2023

Scrappy Saturday

The Sewcialites 2 project took a break over the holidays, but it's back now with 2 new free block patterns. I am sewing my blocks using the colour of the month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and the colour for January is blue


This is block # 9 called "New Plus Old" by Brigette Heitland. I have no idea where the dark blotchy fabric came from but it worked well in this easy (boring) block.





Here is block pattern #10 called "Flourish" by Lori Holt. Now this is a block I could really sink my teeth into! So fun! It started with a little bag of scraps I received from a friend on New Year's Day and I made the block completely from the pieces in the bag. I fussy cut the adorable little bunnies and used every bit of that strip that I received. 


Here are all my blocks together on the design wall.



This project needs some red, pink, yellow, and orange to make it happier. Those colours will come later in the year.

Linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge party

12 comments:

Ivani said...

Your blocks look great together, Kathy!

ButterZ said...

Your flourish block looks good. Cute bunnies

scraphappy said...

Flourish is a beautiful block! Having a nice simple (boring) block in a quilt can add a nice variety. And if you still don't like it in the end, there is always the orphan bin. Happy new year.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great blocks! Are these 6” blocks? I’m off to dig in my blue scraps.

Cathy said...

Wow, great blocks, Kathy! (Another Kathy/Cathy in the RSC! I think that makes at least 5 of us!!) the Flourish block is absolutely perfect!!

Sara said...

Love, love, love how your blue Sewcialites blocks turned out. So pretty! I haven't begun to sew block #10 yet, but maybe today after I get home from guild I can work on it.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

My favorite block is the block on the 2nd row - 2 block to the right! Hugs. So tempting to join in ……

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Flourish block is a neat one! Fun to see your collection of Sewcialites blocks growing!

quiltingbydawn said...

The Sewcialites Block are coming along nicely! I agree that a couple of bright colors will help make it pop!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Both of your blocks are adores!!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Flourish is such a great block. I'm impressed you made it from a single gift of scraps and those scraps matched the RSC color of the month.

Jeanna said...

Your Sewcialite blocks look great. Very clever to combine these with RSC. I've been traveling and still need to catch up. I tried #8 last night, seemed to be going well until I realized I somehow mixed up two fabrics...ugh! I'll try again tonight.