Friday, January 06, 2023

Quiltville Mystery Update

Progress is continuing on the Quiltville mystery. I decided to make 9 blocks for my version of this quilt and step #5 is on the design wall. I love the scrappy look of my blocks!

Oh no... do you see the problem block with no pinwheel in the centre? Top right? Would you leave it as is? 

I had to change it!


I deconstructed the non conforming block to try again. Thankfully I took a photo of the block before I started to sew it back together. If I would have sewn it wrong twice, I  would not have been a  happy stitcher!



Okay now... much better! I do wish I would have sewn the pinwheels all going the same direction, but I can live with this variation. These blocks are so pretty! But next we are adding big blocks around each one.

Here is my test block. I decided to cut into an old Kaffe Fassett piece of fabric instead of going scrappy on this step. It's kind of wild and I love the look of it!

I'm hopping over to the Quiltville blog like a kid on Christmas morning to see what Santa Bonnie has written for us to make next for step 7!

10 comments:

julieQ said...

ooooo pretty! I like that Kaffe! I am watching the computer for step seven, too. ON we go!

Jeanna said...

I admire all who participate in Bonnie's mystery quilt alongs. I do not have the confidence nor vision to do so. Love your blocks, such fun fabrics.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been saving the clues and saw the reveal today - I like it but the borders sure are a lot of work, if I ever decide to make it I will change the borders to less work

Michelle said...

These blocks are just gorgeous!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love your version of Bonnie’s mystery. I think I would have left the rogue block as is…

Janet O. said...

I just came from Bonnie's blog and the reveal. It is a lovely quilt. But I think your fun fabrics make it even better!
I might have left the boo-boo block as it was. Would have depended on my mood. But you have to do what makes you happy.

Mary said...

I was happy to see the reveal today. I have a lot to catch up after my Christmas wore off. Kinda like Jet Lag. Good to fix it if you see it now. Well before the final stitches. Happy Friday.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Interesting fabric selections. Very scrappy quilt! I am downloading the pattern for ‘when’ I do not know! LOL. Hugs

Sally Trude said...

Your scrappy adaptation is spectacular. I got lost along the way, but you are giving me the incentive to get back on the path.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Love the fun fabrics you are using for this quilt. It adds a lot of pizzazz.