Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Mystery Update

After last week's fiasco I needed to put my Chilhowie mystery in "time out". We needed a sanity break from each other, and one of us had to go in the UFO closet. And it wasn't going to me because it's scary in there! 

I have slowly taken the blocks out,  deconstructed them and sewed them back together correctly. It wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be and I now have 5 blocks ready.

I'll be going to a quilt retreat in February and the Hot Mess Express (aka Chilhowie) will make an appearance there, where I will complain at great length, and my friends will console me with chocolate and sympathy.

In the meantime, I need to figure out how many sashing strips I need, and how many more border units I need to sew for this project to make some headway at retreat.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday

13 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Your Chilhowie quilt is looking beautiful!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hot Mess Express is a great name!

Mary said...

Glad you have brought out your Naughty quilt. I still have to get mine finished for March. It's hard when other projects keep jumping into my cart at MGQS and MSQC. It's another case of Start-i-tus.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Way too many pieces in those blocks. Pretty, but they look very time consuming. I'll eat a piece of chocolate for you.

cityquilter grace said...

i feel your pain...i had the same exact issues with 'orca bay' mystery some years ago...

Jeanna said...

Those blocks are gorgeous. You'll be happy you took it from the timeout closet and 'set it straight' LOL.

julieQ said...

Glorious progress! Those naughty blocks...I just know they have learned their lesson!

Janet O. said...

Your writing made me smile. Wish I could be at your retreat to listen to your complaints and offer my sympathy and chocolate. LOL
BTW, the blocks look great!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the pale prints with the cranberry.

Kate said...

Your scrappy version worked out so well. Congrats on not leaving Chilhowie in permanent time out. It's such a mental chore to realize you've got errors to fix.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Lol I am glad you and Hot Mess are working things out and the deconstruction has not been too bad. Time away and of course chocolate will do much to ease the frustration. Thank you for the sweet giggle; it is nice to see you are keeping your sense of humor. Have a great weekend, Kathy.

Deanna W said...

Nice name for your quilt and I have to say I liked the way you sewed them together incorrectly. Should have kept going and only repaired one instead of 4 of them!! haha I feel you pain and putting it in timeout!!

maggie fellow said...

so funny and so how I feel sometimes too