Monday, January 16, 2023

Design Wall Monday

I'm back to working on the Quiltville mystery and have finished 4 blocks to put on the design wall. I was very proud of getting this far and thinking of how big to make this quilt. 

I was in a zoom sewing meeting on Saturday when I noticed a problem on the design wall. Did you spot it right away?

I have been looking at this for days, took photos, downloaded the photos to my computer, edited the photos, and still did not notice any problems until I screen shared the photo during the zoom sew. I can't believe my eyes didn't see it - it's as plain as day! It's yet another life lesson - sometimes you don't clearly see a problem even when it is staring you in the face. Sheesh!

My guild friends suggested I leave it that way, make a 9 block quilt and put the problem block in the centre. I'm not going to unsew the renegade until the other blocks are finished. 

Stay tuned for the outcome!

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's

PS... See Julie's comment below!  Up is down, wrong is right! UGH!

13 comments:

julieQ said...

I think the one different block is correct, and the rest are different, yet gorgeous!!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Just went through that with a quilt I was ready to load on the long arm…… Was very blessed to find it before it was reversible!
Hugs and I agree wait until you finish the rest of the blocks! Hugs

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it took a second to spot it - putting that block in the center would work out don't you think if you are doing a nine patch

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you found it before you finished the quilt.

MissPat said...

Well, Julie's observation creates a whole different problem. I guess I would fix the one odd block and call it a design variation. But then again, if I were doing it, I'd probably pack it away and never get back to it. Good luck.
Pat

Kate said...

It took me a minute and then I had to go look at my own version of the block to be sure I didn't do the same thing. It's so easy to get those borders turned. Are you going to change all of them?

Deanna W said...

Once I had all my blocks done, I found a mistake in the center of the block. One of the corner blocks was turned a 1/4 turn the wrong way...fixed it and went on my way to finish the top this past weekend.

Linda Enneking said...

After looking at the mystery reveal post on Bonnie Hunter's blog, I think Julie is right. I agree that the other three are pretty blocks, but if you want to get the final quilt to look like Bonnie's you will need to make the blocks like the odd one in your group.

Janet O. said...

Love the blocks, and that is pretty funny (to me, since I didn't make them), that the one you thought was wrong is the one that is right. An excellent idea to make it the center of a 9-patch arrangement.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The renegade block gives it a whole new look

Jeanna said...

I like the different block and also like the idea of placing in the center of the quilt.

scraphappy said...

I like the problem block. Setting it in the middle of a nine patch sounds like a fun idea.

Sarah said...

That's a blow! I like that wrong (or now right) rogue block! Maybe concentrate on making them and see if the other three fit in somewhere.