Sunday, June 26, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the Slow Sunday Stitching party! It's the perfect time to find your hand stitching project and enjoy some relaxation. Even just a few minutes of stitching gives you a welcomed break from your routine, and your worries.  

Guess what I'm working on today?!? I'm hand stitching the binding on my Covid Unity quilt!  I love the pretty  wide backing fabric I found for this quilt and plan to enjoy many hours of hand stitching the binding on this quilt this week. As I stitch I will reflect on how much life has changed since I started making this quilt at the beginning of the pandemic.

We would love to see what you are hand stitching today. Link up your blog or instagram post below and we will cheer you on as you stitch.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 comments:

Kim said...

Well, you will enjoy a lovely Sunday.....week, doing what you love to do; binding a quilt. Fabulous your Covid Unity is nearly finished.

Debra said...

Love Love the backing on your Unity quilt.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I remember that Unity quilt center medallion...if it's the same one? It was so pretty. Hand quilting is so soothing. Enjoy, Kathy.

Ivani said...

So many histories goes with a quilt, and this one is memorable. Congrats it is almost finished as we want the Pandemic to be.
Have a great Sunday Kathy.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful backing for your Unity quilt, Kathy! Enjoy sewing that binding, and have a wonderful Sunday!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Can’t wait to see the finished quilt, Kathy! Such a pretty backing too.

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely colors in your quilt! Thanks again for this weekly get together, one of the highlights of my week!

AnnieO said...

Great to finish a "young" quilt, right? My slow stitching project is only slightly older than yours :)

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
I'm no anywhere close to binding. I really
need to get a few of my filmsys put together
so I can do that. Have a great day!

Miaismine said...

Yes, so many changes since COVID. Your backing fabric is lovely! Thank you for sharing and hosting!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I hope that you spent a lovely day hand stitching your binding - that is a lovely fabric! Thanks for the great linking party. Take care.

CathieJ said...

That backing fabric is fantastic. I hope you got a lot of stitching done on that binding. Have a great week.