Friday, June 24, 2022

Unity Quilting

My June UFO is quilted! I spent many hours sitting at the machine this month, shoving the quilt  through the harp of the machine. You know how that goes!


This is the biggest project I have quilted on my DSM in a long time, and it was quite a workout! Because it is a medallion quilt, I got the crazy idea to stitch different designs for each border. I should've just stitched a simple, straight grid. But it's just like me to make it as challenging as possible!  And I do really like the effect - can you see the quilting designs on the back? 

I used my heavy duty gardening gloves from Canadian Tire for this job because they really grip better than any gloves made for quilting. But they are hot to wear, which is great in the winter and not pleasant on hot June days! 


Of course I enjoyed using all the thread colours! I stitched 3 wavy lines in the side borders to give a ribbon effect, and used these 3 colours. You can't tell when looking at it because all the colours blend with the fabric, but it makes me happy using lots of thread colours.  

I have already prepared and attached the binding, and can now enjoy the relaxing process of hand stitching it to the back of the quilt. I have one week left before the end of June and I'm so pleased that this quilt will be finished by then!


8 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congratulations!!! its beautiful!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Kathy! That's such a good feeling! I like gardening gloves for quilting, too - they last a lot longer.

Kat Scribner said...

What a fabulous quilt, Kathy !!

loulee said...

It looks fantastic, and it must live up to it's Patience name. All that pushing in a small machine. Your quilting looks great, even if we can't see the pretty colours. Enjoy the final process.

chrisknits said...

What a great finish!! Love it.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Such a great finish! Congratulations.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on approaching the finish line, Kathy! This quilt is an example of persistence paying off. Looking forward to the final reveal!

Vicki W said...

The quilt is beautiful!