Friday, June 03, 2022

April, May and June UFO

This Unity quilt is taking me soooo long to finish. I'm now starting the 3rd month with this as my UFO focus quilt. It's so funny that I thought I could finish this quilt in April! Perhaps I struggle a bit with having "unrealistic expectations" of myself! LOL

Progress continues to be made but it's a big quilt and each border needs a different quilting pattern, with different colours of thread. This border is being quilted with curved lines/arcs, which is generally my "go to" favourite design.

For the word 'courage' I quilted a wavy line in each letter using green thread. Then using white thread I quilted approximately 1/4" away from the edge of each line. Those lines are wobbly so we'll call that "organic" quilting - meaning free form, natural looking, ruler-free and spontaneous (and visually disturbing to some eyes).

This is how far it is quilted by the end of May. There is still 1 word and 5 more borders to quilt, plus the binding. So that's my goal for June - linking up to One Monthly Goal (again).

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Kudos for sticking with it, Kathy. (I always think I can get things finished much quicker than the reality turns out to be.)
And what a special quilt this will be!

Janice said...

I’m sure you will get it finished this month. It will be such a good feeling when it is completed.

Mary said...

You're still ahead of me if that helps. I have 2 Quiltville Mystery quilts plus this one in process or UFO totes. I love the addition of the words

maggie fellow said...

definitely a wonderful quilt and well worth the wait... and patience