Saturday, August 21, 2021

Scrappy Saturday


One of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects it to make the Quiltville pattern called Bitcoin. These are the aqua ladders I have made so far this month. Some of these scraps are leftover from a quilt I finished in 2009! It's time they had a chance to shine in a scrappy quilt.




I've also started a baby quilt for my daughter's best friend's baby. Yes, the baby is already here and I need to get it done before the baby goes to school! LOL
But at least I've started, and I am enjoying making these 8" star blocks and I'm loving this soft flannel. The request was for a gender neutral quilt, but now that the baby girl is here, I'm just adding some aqua and a touch of pink because it makes me happy!


And if squirrels would stop running around in the quilting room, the baby quilt  would already been finished. 

Linking up to the RSC party

11 comments:

Donna T. said...

What a nice way to combine the RSC and Bitcoin! Thanks for the squirrel! haha

Deb A said...

Love how the range of aqua is so diverse and fun. Both projects look great... I'd say as long as baby is not graduating from high school - you are good!

Debbie said...

I have to tell you that I love your Bitcoin. I love it so much I purchased the pattern and have half a box full Thanks for the inspiration: you always do so many wonderful things.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely additions to the Bitcoin and baby quilts, Kathy!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Naughty squirrels! They are running rampant at my house too! Bitcoin is looking great! The baby quilt will be very soft and warm in flannels

Jenny said...

Baby quilts are always fun 5o make. I dont have any upcoming babies on my horizon but now and again make small baby donation quilts.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

So sweet, the stars for baby. It will be pretty and cozy. And your Bitcoin is looking great - awesome to find a good use for old scraps!

ButterZ said...

Very sweet flannel quilt. I feel like I’m running around in circles too. Hope you get it finished soon.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm excited to see your Bitcoin quilt - that is a neat design! And sweet stars, too - perfect for a baby quilt.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Loving all of those blues in your bitcoin quilt. It's so bright and happy.

Nann said...

Love the Bitcoin aquas!