Friday, August 27, 2021

A Quick Finish

I have really enjoyed sewing aqua scraps this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am finishing my monthly placemat which I'll post tomorrow but today... drum roll please... here is the sweet little mug mat I finished.


On the right side is a 3" sewing machine block. You can access the free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop. I love love, super love this little block, but look at the 16 tiny pieces that must fit together perfectly to make the block!


On the left side is a heart block, with a hand quilted heart inside. This block was much easier to make and I was thinking... wouldn't this block make a fun Rainbow Scrap Challenge project?


What is cuter than a mini mug mat? A mini mug mat being modelled by the sweetest granddog on the planet! Max loves to eat quilts, so he likely thought I was giving him a quilted snack. Of course he was rewarded with a real doggie treat for being such a cute model for the photo.

The finished size of the mug mat is 9" x 5.5". 

Linking up to the  Saturday RSC party 

8 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's a sweet little quilt and Max is a gorgeous model. Those ears!

ButterZ said...

That is super cute. So is Max

Quilting Babcia said...

So cute, the mug rug and the quilt-eating pup!

Ivani said...

The mug rug is mega cute and Max is a sweet model

Deb A said...

Max is smiling for the photo! Good doggie! Cute mug rug.

The Cozy Quilter said...

So cute....max and the mug rug!

Chantal said...

Yep! I need one of those. Your mug rug is too cute to be left alone. Max looks so proud to show off your beautiful work. ;^)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute mug rug. Glad the dog didn't eat it.