Thursday, June 17, 2021

June UFO project update

This blue fabric is finally coming to an end! It's an older Darlene Zimmerman fabric (for Robert Kaufman) and I bought it on a sale table for $5/metre at a fabric store a few years ago.

It was the full backing for one of Carole's mystery quilts, then it was part of the backing for another one of Carole's mystery quilts, and the leftovers were used to make some friendship block variations in an online class with Cheryl Arkison


It is the fabric that just keeps on giving! 

Now I'm using it as part of a quilt backing.




First I am sewing borders around the blocks that I made in Cheryl's class. The star  block above is 6" and the star block on the right is 3".
Then I will use the extra fabric as sashing to sew the blocks together. Somehow.
Hopefully every bit will be used up and I will meet my goal of getting these blocks into a creative quilt backing by the end of the month.

5 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great to use up those leftovers, this will be a wonderful quilt.

Deb A said...

Don't you just love when some fabric just keeps on giving! Great job moving this one along.

Linda said...

Isn’t it lovely when you use the same favourite piece of fabric in lots of quilts. It’s fun looking back over photos of old quilts and spotting the same fabric over and over again but in ever smaller pieces!

Miaismine said...

How true that fabric is the gift that keeps on giving! I'm forever surprised at how far it goes! Love those friendship blockss!

LJ said...

Love that fabric! What a steal you made years ago. Darlene has such great designs.