Monday, June 21, 2021

Mini Arrowheads

My collection of arrowhead blocks are on the design wall today. 


I have sewn 120 individual 3" blocks so far and  recently started sewing them into groups of 4 to make it easier to layout the design. The yellow really stand out in this collection doesn't it? I need more pink, and aqua blocks. What else does it need? Maybe more gold blocks?

4 arrowheads make a 6" block
This project is coming to the end of my interest in it, so I need to be more thoughtful about the blocks I will make so I can finish up this scrappy quilt top.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's

11 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

In the picture On your design wall, this looks like A big quilt, but it’s not! . So many tiny pieces in this quilt! I agree with more gold and teal.

Nann said...

What a beautiful rainbow! (But: 3"? Wow!)

Elaine Adair said...

Same as Nann above - WOW

R's Rue said...

Love all the colors. So bright. Happy Monday.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

JustGail said...

I think instead of gold, a few more light greens, more like the top center ones, so the yellows dont' stand out quite so much???? Same with the aqua and pinks. The squint test shows no other light blocks than those yellows, and a couple of the adjacent green or aqua blocks. Or if you want all darker blocks, make gold ones to replace the yellows, or some of the yellows??

Sara said...

Your arrowhead blocks are gorgeous in that rainbow of colors. They will make a stunning quilt.

Julie in GA said...

I love your Arrowhead blocks, and I can't believe they are only 3"! I think adding more light blocks might help balance out the yellows.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

More gold, and yellow greens to transition to the green and aqua.

It's impressive how they come together just from simple scraps.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Wow! Teeny tiny blocks. You have way more patience than I do.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Four blocks together really is a great idea. Four together still adds up to quite a small block. This will be such a pretty quilt.

Janet O. said...

I think the aqua and pink you mentioned would give more balance to the dark and light. I love these teeny blocks.
What size are you shooting for, or do you even know?