Saturday, September 05, 2020

Scrappy Saturday

The RSC colour for September is RED! I have quite a large collection of red fabric because of starting the 150 Canadian Women quilt in December 2016. I hope to make a few more blocks for that quilt this month.


I started red month with making some Easy Breezy blocks. It's a fun scrap project and I have a pile of block pieces cut and ready to sew over the month in the true leader-ender style.




This project was started in July so here are the new red blocks on the design wall with the blocks from purple August and blue July. I'm loving this on point layout idea!
Linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your EB blocks look very nice. Aren't they such a fun easy pattern to make? Happy stitching!

Deb A said...

Love your easy breezy blocks. They are so fun to make. I need to prep some more as my basket next to the machine is empty.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your red EBs are pretty! and doing it in RSC colors will really make your quilt different than mine and Gretchen's. Gretchen told me about EB and it was just what I needed to get me going for 2020! You will love how you can do different settings with the same block! Hugs

maggie fellow said...

doing them in rainbow is so fun to watch

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very nice! I used red for one of the blue or green months so I need to think of another color to use

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those blocks - fun and quick to make! Yours look great on point like that!

The Joyful Quilter said...

RED Easy Breezy blocks are looking good, Kathy!

Karen said...

Reds! I think everyone likes red. I don't participate in the Rainbow blocks but know you do each year. Do you choose your own block or is it already chosen for you?

Cathy said...

Great red blocks! I keep saying I’m going to do those EB blocks, but here I am almost 3 months later without having started them...I tend to chain sew anyway, so I’ve never been quite sure how it would work for me.... your collection is looking awesome, though!

Jenny said...

Looking good!

Susie H said...

Pretty reds! I'm loving your Easy Breezy blocks on point too. I haven't decided how I'll finish mine off but am certainly enjoying L&E!