Saturday, May 30, 2020

From Green to Pink

We are finishing up dark green month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It's not my favourite colour to sew with, but it is one of my favourite colours to see at this time of the year especially. I didn't accomplished much in the sewing room, but in my life there has been a lot of green!


I planted a variety of seeds that are finally sprouting. I think this is an emerging zucchini plant.



And I've made lots of healthy = green meals. 
I think I'm coming to the end of my soup making obsession. I only made one batch this week with 3 different green veggies in it and still managed to make it taste good!


So now we are moving on to pink month.
Pink is one of my favourite colours to sew with and I am looking forward to playing with the pink scraps!

Part 6 of the Unity quilt needed a lot of pink HST blocks. I always trim them down to the exact right size, although when I look at this photo I wonder about my sanity... look how tiny the slivers are that I am fussing around with! 




Now I am cutting out pieces for round 8 and this is how the block will look. It has all the recent RSC colours... blue April, green May and pink June, so it's the perfect block to sew today.
Linking up to the RSC party.

12 comments:

Chantal said...

I have to cut out the little sliver of extra fabric from my HSTs too. I blame my OCD, lol. Love your star. The colours are just wonderful. Enjoy pink month. ;^)

Angela said...

If the little slivers make you happy then there is nothing crazy about them. Our hobby is cutting up big pieces of fabric into little pieces of fabric and then sewing them back together into big pieces of fabric. Nothing crazy about that at all!

julieQ said...

I recognize that zucchini plant...hurrah for new sprouting things! Enjoy playing with your pink scraps!

Deanna W said...

All that sliver trimming is worth it. I do however like to do hst the way Bonnie Hunter does...and as long as I stay accurate with my seams, no trimming is needed. I love working with pink also. The rain over the last couple of days has really made everything green and got all those seeds growing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love green in the garden this time of year, too, but am also happy to move on to pink in the sewing room. Your pink and green scraps combined in that star are sure pretty together!

Louise said...

The trimming is so tedious, but I do love sewing together perfectly sized blocks. I was excited about moving on to pink, too! Not sure I want pink soup, though :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad to see that you are making a smooth transition to PINK for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! Looking forward to seeing your Unity Quilt grow.

Janet O. said...

LOL--"three different green veggies... and still managed to make it taste good!" Love it. :)
Cute, cute little turtle in the middle of that pretty block!

Jenny said...

There are such pretty colours in your Unity quilt.

Susie H said...

I too always trim down my HSTs and the weird thing is I kind of enjoy it. Love your star block for Unity and the adorable turtle peeking out in the middle square! I'm going to like sewing with pink this month too!

Barb said...

cute star block. I used to skip trimming, but now I always trim.
MMMmm that soup looks good.

Jo said...

I don't think I've ever made an HST without trimming. I think I might feel a little jealous of those who get perfect seam matches without trimming. Your colors for this block look lovely.