Sunday, October 21, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! 
Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee to enjoy while visiting the blog links of stitchers around the world. It's so inspiring to see what other people are creating with their own two hands.

I am slowly making progress on the Gail Pan "I Stitch Club" project. This is the block I finished yesterday while waiting at the urgent care clinic with my Mom. Waiting rooms are the best places to do some stitching... it's a long wait, so what better way to pass the time than to work on a hand stitching project. It's the perfect small, compact take along project. I think I have finished 17 of these little designs. You can see the first 15 here.




Today I will be tracing another embroidery pattern to stitch and maybe even getting out the winter hand quilting project since the weather is cool enough now.
What are you planning to work on today with the hand stitching community? Link up your blog post below and share your project with us.

   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

15 comments:

Sarah said...

This is an adorable project. I will be interested to see what you make with them? Hope your mum is ok and you get time today for lots of stitching.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Seeing your embroidery every week makes me want to incorporate some embroidery into a project. It might just be the thing I need to border my hourglass quilt. Would make for some lovely stitching time in the evenings too! That little blue bird is too cute!

Kathy S. said...

Waiting rooms at Urgent Care aren't the most fun. Glad you had a project bag ready to go. Hope all is well. It is a beautiful little bird.

The Crafty Creek said...

Very cute, I always have a little stitching in my bag for such times, stitching on the move :-)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those Gail Pan designs are so adorable! I just reserved one of her books from our library so that I can try some. Hope your mom is doing okay!

Deanna W said...

All those little stitched blocks are sooo cute. Can't wait to see what you will do with them!

Deb said...

I do hope your mom is okay, love each of those Gail Pan designs you are stitching and look forward to seeing the end result.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh that bird is sweet. And the idea of tracing some winter stitching is very appealing, Kathy.

Birthe Marie said...

That little bird is so cute! :-)

Karrin Hurd said...

I love your stitcheries! Hope your mom is doing better!

Jayne Honnold said...

I just love your pretty embroidery work! Thanks for hosting this party every week.

CathieJ said...

I hope Mom is okay. I keep forgetting to bring my stitching to doctor's visits, but then again I have changed my doctors so that now I rarely wait. Your embroidery is very pretty.

AnnieO said...

Hope your Mom is okay! Urgent care clinics are not a fun place to be.

Adorable birdie.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love seeing your stitching each week! I hope your mom is feeling better.

Kim said...

Your little bird is sweet. Yes, somehow stitching in waiting rooms seems to fill in those anxious hours. I hope your mom is feeling okay.