Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Square Dance Quilt Top

I have finished two quilt tops and am excited to get quilting them now that the cooler weather is here. 
In January Carole began a scrap mystery quilt project called Square Dance. I started sewing my blocks in February at retreat - click here to read about that. The quilt top was sewn together in July (see quilt top here) but I decided to make a little change. I replaced the half star blocks on the left side of the quilt with some 9 patch blocks, and moved the half star blocks to the top right side of the quilt. That change required some unsewing (which my sister helped me with) and rearranging of 8 blocks. I like how the full star blocks look but wish I had enough fabric to add another column of 9 patches on the right side, but I don't. That's okay.
I decided to add a border and presto, just 3 month later ... I present the modified Chocolate Square Dance quilt!

Stop by tomorrow to see the second quilt top I made from the scraps!

P.S. Carole is hosting a fun event in October called "Autumn Jubilee" over at her blog called From My Carolina Home which includes a new mystery quilt project.  She posts about everything from quilting projects, interesting books, home decor, and cooking ideas. There are many draws for wonderful prizes, so hop over and be part of her Autumn celebrations. 

9 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh, that has turned out so well! And love the way you took a picture of it! xx

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks, Kathy!! It looks fabulous!!

Louise said...

Super flimsy finish, Kathy! I love your color choices for this mystery quilt. I'm off to check out Carole's latest posts :)

SandraC said...

Your quilt turned out great! I had started this one, but stopped as my fabric choices were unfortunate and not at all working out, lol

The Joyful Quilter said...

You did the right thing by topping out those partial blocks. Congrats on your newly completed quilt top!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

This quilt reminds me that my Chocolate TOBE blocks are still 'simmering' (waiting for a plan).

Mary said...

Glad to see it finished. I'm back to my Blogging today. Working on 3 finishes in October for November classes and a wedding quilt this weekend. Betsy is Busy!

Janet O. said...

Your changes look good to me! I like the finished product, and I like the name--as I munch on chocolate. :)

beaquilter said...

Lovely quilt